Anyone with personal experience using Vincent SV-500 hybrid amp

lightcapture

The Vincent SV-500 hybrid (tube pre/ ss power) w/ DAC may be what I'm looking for.

I heard it very briefly playing 'Kind of Blue' and it sounded relaxed and musical, of course that cd has that quality anyway.
It may be just right for our lively-sounding 18'x22'x9'h living/dining room w/ hardwood floors of our townhome, and I think its 80wpc @ 4ohms power rating may just be adequate for my 88db 4ohm speakers.
Lastly, the internal DAC should benefit our BluRay player and TV sources, though the manufacturers info on the DAC is hazy.

I'm very intrigued with it and the $1000 price is at the top end of my budget. Has anyone here use or has used this little integrated amp? The info about it on Audio Advisor is nice and reviews seem positive.

Info, photos, reviews:
http://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=VISV500

Last edited:
Have you though about getting one of their used integrated amplifiers on the bay? I see them going for 400-700 depending on the model. I was eyeing one for my garage but needed phono.

Have you though about getting one of their used integrated amplifiers on the bay? I see them going for 400-700 depending on the model. I was eyeing one for my garage but needed phono.
I'd surely like to find a used Vincent hybrid integrated for under $600, but haven't see that yet.

I've owned hybrids but moved on to all tubes. In my experience they were not the best of both worlds.
I've used all tube systems in the past and while they sound fantastic is not the perfect choice for TV and movie watching because of the tube wear and heat.

I'd surely like to find a used Vincent hybrid integrated for under $600, but haven't see that yet.

I've used all tube systems in the past and while they sound fantastic is not the perfect choice for TV and movie watching because of the tube wear and heat.

Then get a tube preamp which makes little heat paired with a ss amp. That combo would afford more flexibility. FWIW my hybrids in their closed case ran pretty hot.

SOLD Jun 3, 2018
Vincent SV-226 MK2 Hybrid Integrated Amplifier
Pre-Owned
$299.99Jun-3 09:301 bid +$102.65 shipping

My brother has the Vincent SV-237MK hybrid and it's a very nice sounding amp with the plus of being a good looking amp.

Back
Top Bottom