Long-term equipment want/lust list?

Mmmm, Mike Lenehan ML5's in Walnut... Or more likely some Aurum Cantus speakers in walnut to match my cabinets.

A genuine darTZeel NHB-108 rather than my copy? I mean, I'm sort of done with upgrades. I'm grasping at straws here...

I need a good curve tracer. One of these:

tek575.jpg

Or one of these:

tek576.jpg

Or one of these:

tek577.jpg

If you've got one of these gathering dust in your garage, I'll happily take it off your hands...

tek570.jpg

I'd like to have an L-07T to complete my L series stack, but I'm not going to pay the ridiculous amount of money they're going for on Ebay right now.

I need a good curve tracer. One of these:

View attachment 1222950

Or one of these:

View attachment 1222951

Or one of these:

View attachment 1222952

If you've got one of these gathering dust in your garage, I'll happily take it off your hands...

View attachment 1222954

I will just preface this by saying that I am a HUGE Tektronix fan,and apparently a storage facility for all old things Tek........

I had the 570 a long time ago (the astronomical prices they command have absolutely no relation to their level of performance!) and I have also played around with the modified-for-tube-use later SS models.But believe me,the allure fades quickly Dave.They require huge amounts of real estate,are clunky to operate and are really rather limited by todays standards.If you have the need for semiconductor curving,I will say that the 576/577 models are still good machines,but again,the previous caveats still apply.And do remember,these babies are old now,with all of the inherent component degradation this brings.The wonky switches can drive you insane!

If tubes are where you're at,I sincerely believe that the uTracer or eTracer are your best bets.:)

I will just preface this by saying that I am a HUGE Tektronix fan,and apparently a storage facility for all old things Tek........

I had the 570 a long time ago (the astronomical prices they command have absolutely no relation to their level of performance!) and I have also played around with the modified-for-tube-use later SS models.But believe me,the allure fades quickly Dave.They require huge amounts of real estate,are clunky to operate and are really rather limited by todays standards.If you have the need for semiconductor curving,I will say that the 576/577 models are still good machines,but again,the previous caveats still apply.And do remember,these babies are old now,with all of the inherent component degradation this brings.The wonky switches can drive you insane!
Ah knows it. I have a (now fairly small) collection of Tek 'scopes -- a 475, a 7623 with the usual 7B53A+7A18+7A26 plugins, a 7603 with 7D20 plugin (sadly, in need of attention due to power supply problems), and a 549 with a Type Z plugin. Aside from the 475 which is a nice vintage daily-driver (though I have a modern GAtten DSO too), these are basically test-equipment eye-candy collection toys.

So, what I really mean when I say I need a curve tracer is that I "need" a curve tracer for my collection. ;)

Easy answer. A new abode with a large enough room for my Maggies to really strut their stuff. The gear I have can definitely be bettered but a kick-butt room would be the first move. That done, a pair of MG-3.7i's would be nice :beerchug:

Easy answer. A new abode with a large enough room for my Maggies to really strut their stuff. The gear I have can definitely be bettered but a kick-butt room would be the first move. That done, a pair of MG-3.7i's would be nice :beerchug:
Yes, really, my beloved 1916 house has a LOT of placement problems in room configs - I don't really have a perfect room setup for any of my systems. The basement is the best one, where I've got a shoebox shaped room, roughly 18' x 54', paneled, with the two Advant 5002s along one of the short sides angled to a sweet spot chair about 12' forward.

Which Maggies do you have? I'll never have a room big enough for the big ones, but the 1.7s tempt me for that "oneday"...

Which Maggies do you have? I'll never have a room big enough for the big ones, but the 1.7s tempt me for that "oneday"...

MG-2.5R's are currently on duty. About 5-inches taller than 1.7's but that basement room would work nicely. Set up like the Advents with plenty of room to place the Maggies away from the front wall and wide enough to have adequate space from the side walls.

I posted the image of the Avantgarde Trio earlier. I have no hope of affording them, at well over fifty grand the pair, I believe. But more doable someday could be this one:

954088-bryston-mini-t-speakers.jpg

Bryston Mini T Bookshelf

There was a very similar thread a few weeks ago, and my choices have not changed (yet)...

Realistic shot - Pass Labs amp, Coincident Statement preamp, KEF Blade...I mean, just look at em! These are still pretty extravagant for my budget, but maybe someday I can swing them. The hard one will be the Blade 2's. I think those are still like $12-16k, used. If I can somehow swing those, I'll just finance the Pass Labs amp and Coincident Statement preamp and call it good.

index.php

index.php

index.php

Not realistic - Dan D'Agostino Momentum mono blocks and matching preamp, KEF Muon. No chance. Ever. Unless I invent something and become a millionaire. Even then, I may feel guilty spending so much on a stereo.

index.php

index.php

index.php

I would like to be able to have Jim Smith come to my home and evaluate my room, then return with a variety of recommended pieces for me to select from.

I have been to Jim Smiths home for a Room Play session . I came away with the knowledge to dial my already good room into a much better one . Money well spent

A Technics SP10. You'd think they would be ten a penny here in the UK since the BBC used them but the odd ones that turn up are always stupidly priced and usually just the motor unit. On ebay USA they're much more reasonably priced.

Maybe not exactly "audio" equipment but it makes some bee-u-ti-full music when you stomp the loud pedal!
01-19-53-182-BL-2T.jpg
and my next big purchase:thumbsup:

Magnuson supercharger for Chevy 5.3

The constant repeating of the same threads is getting ridiculous around here.
What audio brand do you not own that you hope/plan to in the future?
started Mar 11, 2018.
latest comments were on Tuesday & Wednesday this week, and has only moved three pages back since then.
http://audiokarma.org/forums/index....n-that-you-hope-plan-to-in-the-future.813791/

This thread started on Wednesday a couple hours after the last comment on the other one, so that thread would have been seen clearly on the fist page if one bothered to look as it's even in the same forum.

This is nothing against the OP but it seems like a lot of people like to start threads. Not bother doing any reading, searching and contribution to threads that are already rolling about the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom