New MC 452, First Impressions

Agree 100%. When I was at Audio Classics I was asking were they got such an impressive selection of very recent used McIntosh gear They said a lot comes from great customers who wanted the most recent models, and they traded up all of the time.
This explains the great deal I got, but on a new one from 2 weeks ago

Agree 100%. When I was at Audio Classics I was asking were they got such an impressive selection of very recent used McIntosh gear They said a lot comes from great customers who wanted the most recent models, and they traded up all of the time.
Like the MC lnitials in the Heat sinks. Do not like the squareness on the covers for Autoformer.

It will be interesting to find out what we missed by a mere month. Check out the link above. Some members speculated incremental improvements such as more dynamic headroom. I am certainly hitting the PG lights more often than I thought I would! :rockon:
This is speculation, but the price will likely be north of the $8500 list price of the ‘452.

I don't think it will be rated for any more than 450wpc, just like the MC452. It's just a number change to reflect a few other modifications and updates

So an extra 10watts, now very intrigued to hear the cumulative differences.
10 x Log (460/450) = 0.1 dB

Wow!! I don't think the power increase will be at the top of the list. The output power rails are not regulated so a swing in the input line voltage could make the same change.

You're not buying it for the extra 10 watts, you are buying it because its a new model and may have some other updates which might offer a slightly different sound, but mainly, to keep up with the latest line.....
I don't care for the new look, all square and those funny covers on the transformers, not that I need to worry about it, I have my 452, and it is with me for as long as I am on this planet....

You're not buying it for the extra 10 watts, you are buying it because its a new model and may have some other updates which might offer a slightly different sound, but mainly, to keep up with the latest line.....
I don't care for the new look, all square and those funny covers on the transformers, not that I need to worry about it, I have my 452, and it is with me for as long as I am on this planet....
That's how I feel about my MC2600s ... Although I must admit that damn BA-5000 has my curiosity piqued ...

That's how I feel about my MC2600s ... Although I must admit that damn BA-5000 has my curiosity piqued ...
I have always been curious about the BA5000 too, but I just know what Sansui gear of that period sounds like, I think I might be a little disappointed.

Love that damn MC452 of mine though, its a keeper, along with everything else I have!! Nothing is ever being sold!!

Same for my 452, but it still in the box in the living room.

Back
Top Bottom