Since I'm bored I thought I'd post a few pics of my car.

A good friend's kid has an LS powered Camaro. He works on it all the time and is very talented. Runs 8.50's in the quarter with street tires and has been on the back bumper 60 feet out.
Looks like it's turbocharged,with boost they can make big numbers for sure and any LS based engine bolts right in so a lot of them are running 6.0 truck engines with boost. Some guys start from scratch with a fresh LS7 (427) block and go huge. Just depends on how much you want to spend. I've seen LS1s with a stock lower end running 9s in the 1/4.

LS based engine

The kid has tried a few combinations. I originally built a 4" stroke engine for it and when he wanted a turbo we swapped pistons and re-balanced the crank. He has since gone back to a short stroke crank so he can spin it higher. He has made friends with some real heavy-hitters, who are supplying him with parts. ATI transmissions sends him converters to "try out". I'm unsure of the boost levels, but they are not astronomical. We have a friend running Outlaw 10.5 who runs about 50 pounds in his twin-turbo (Chevy powered) Mustang. Talk about a time bomb.

34370764_10156281055702416_5823950222874640384_o.jpg

1994 GMC Suburban... 3" body lift, 20" rims, MSD ignition, Lunati Voodoo cam, MagnaFlow based 3" exhaust... nothing special, but works for us. My 3.5 year old daughter calls it "The Puppy Dog Doom Truck".

1994 GMC Suburban... 3" body lift, 20" rims, MSD ignition, Lunati Voodoo cam, MagnaFlow based 3" exhaust... nothing special, but works for us. My 3.5 year old daughter calls it "The Puppy Dog Doom Truck".

I like the big 4X4 Subs,fun trucks especially when you have kids and dogs to haul!
When my kids were little we had a '69 3 door like this, wish I could find a picture of it but haven't so I pulled this from the net.
It was just like this one only blue and white and not rusty,wish we still had it but unfortunately it was hit and totaled but a woman with no insurance driving a '66 Pontiac Bonneville.

zxz.jpg zxz.jpg

Nice Camaro. I was able to drive my wife's dads SS - stick - so much fun to drive. That and a Mustang thread here (and having had a 69 Mustang) I just bought a new one:

picture.php

picture.php

It is an absolute blast to drive. Pictures above from a road trip.

this was just after it first went onto the road in 1986 after my brother built it . am trying to find the most recent pics . after this pic i painted it with 4 hour coach enamel sprayed at 100c to thin it down .
little car7.jpg

Nice, I see you're in "Priscut " AZ, isn't that how they pronounce it down there? :dunno: :D
Where were the pics taken? I've been a lot of places in the desert SW on my Harley
Vermillion Cliffs area maybe?

Nice Camaro. I was able to drive my wife's dads SS - stick - so much fun to drive. That and a Mustang thread here (and having had a 69 Mustang) I just bought a new one:

picture.php

picture.php

It is an absolute blast to drive. Pictures above from a road trip.

Ahh yes,knew it looked familiar,I've been all over down there and ridden the Grand staircase a couple of times. Almost ran out of gas once on a 115 deg day out near Fry Canyon,we would have been fried. lol It showed it as a town on the map but it was a ghost town with no gas,we back tracked to Hite and found gas at a boat launch.

z6.jpg z7.jpg z3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom