marantz has LANDED!!!! sr 7000 in the house!

jami w.

just being me thats all
out goes the yammie an replaced with the sweet sounding beast. its all hooked up and running, sounds beautiful as well.
i noticed a big change in the sound, better soundstage, clearer, more depth in sound, including lower volume. tight deep punchy bass,
a 100% better overall then what it replaced, the only bad thing? :thumbsup: its to big for the openings in my entertainment center :) so its sitting on top. an now have to go get a tv wall mount for a 42" flat screen lol.20180410_122342.jpg

most importantly- no more yamaha for me :rflmao:

Last edited:
i've discovered something here, im sitting on my couch an realized im listening to a rock station, on surround. something my old reciever would'nt do, radio stations always switched over to 2 channel on the other one.

i've discovered something here, im sitting on my couch an realized im listening to a rock station, on surround. something my old reciever would'nt do, radio stations always switched over to 2 channel on the other one.

Probably just a setting. Most can be set to default to a certain mode.

Probably just a setting. Most can be set to default to a certain mode.
radio stations work in all modes on this reciever, from stereo to 5.1 surround i love it!!! so much better sound and quality then the yammie i had.

radio stations work in all modes on this reciever, from stereo to 5.1 surround i love it!!! so much better sound and quality then the yammie i had.

The radio probably did on the Yamaha too, it does on mine, with the correct settings. Just have to engage a DSP surround mode.

The radio probably did on the Yamaha too, it does on mine, with the correct settings. Just have to engage a DSP surround mode.
the 5150 always switched to stereo mode, unless i was watching a movie, or playing ps3 or youtube through the ps3.
but its since has been put to pasture in a box, packed up nice. and begining of next month, its going to an aker free of charge.

the 5150 always switched to stereo mode, unless i was watching a movie, or playing ps3 or youtube through the ps3.
but its since has been put to pasture in a box, packed up nice. and begining of next month, its going to an aker free of charge.

Yeah, because that was the default mode set. You could have changed that to some other multichannel mode.

Now, not that it matters any more but the Marantz doing surround on FM is not a special feature, it's just a setting thing on either one.

Yeah, because that was the default mode set. You could have changed that to some other multichannel mode.

Now, not that it matters any more but the Marantz doing surround on FM is not a special feature, it's just a setting thing on either one.
dont you rain on my happy parade:whip:you meanie :biggrin:

out goes the yammie an replaced with the sweet sounding beast. its all hooked up and running, sounds beautiful as well.
i noticed a big change in the sound, better soundstage, clearer, more depth in sound, including lower volume. tight deep punchy bass,
a 100% better overall then what it replaced, the only bad thing? :thumbsup: its to big for the openings in my entertainment center :) so its sitting on top. an now have to go get a tv wall mount for a 42" flat screen lol.View attachment 1159687

Nothing against the Marantz as I have a real nice sounding SR6300 but what Yamaha were you so unhappy with?I ask because I a m a huge early 2000s AVR Yamaha fan.

There is a sound difference between the Yamaha (natural sound) and Marantz.

AVR settings can vary a lot. Some easier and more friendly than others. The ones with 120 page manuals and multi layer menus can be a handful to set up the way you like.

I’m noticing that some AVR are actually really nice. I get 100s of them all across the 90s to this time. The newest ones I see have way too much going on. Satallite radio and network interfaces and weird specialized connection points to ????

I do tend to see retired higher end models, and they are not BPC.

Had one. At my Dad's now. Good surround receiver. Does alot. Good settings OSD.
I'd sttill take an old Pioneer SX sound over it though for 2 channel.
Probably build another shelf just to add it to a Marantz AVR.

Nothing against the Marantz as I have a real nice sounding SR6300 but what Yamaha were you so unhappy with?I ask because I a m a huge early 2000s AVR Yamaha fan.
a 5150 natural sound i lost one of the channels an there was something else, but being awhile ago i forgot what 2nd issue was. ive also changed recievers again lol to the one i was eyeing on the bay, a pioneer vsx-1017 which im now running using in 7.2

Last edited:
Had one. At my Dad's now. Good surround receiver. Does alot. Good settings OSD.
I'd sttill take an old Pioneer SX sound over it though for 2 channel.
Probably build another shelf just to add it to a Marantz AVR.

i went back to pioneer and for good, a vsx-1017 quite happy with 7.2 surround. with a tap of a button im listening in 2 channel an this pio packs plenty of rock punch for the ears.
its in my avatar

Last edited:
1530499437550-764327233.jpg
not the greatest of pics though just one light in my living room.
an my ps3, tape deck, an 65" flatscreen are all hooked up to the reciever, i do have a dvd blu-ray player but not in pic.

both subs are hidden all though you can the right one peeking out behind the speaker lol.

a 100% better overall then what it replaced, the only bad thing? :thumbsup: its to big for the openings in my entertainment center :) so its sitting on top. an now have to go get a tv wall mount for a 42" flat screen lol.View attachment 1159687

To my ears, the SR7000 is such a great-sounding unit that it isn't even funny. Are you running digital or analog audio to the unit? Try the digital, the onboard DAC will knock you on your ASS. I was running a Peachtree DacItX from my laptop to my Marantz through the analog input but recently bought a Denon network player. After running the digital out to the Marantz, WOW!!! No comparison to the Peachtree, although it is a good sounding little DAC.

Back
Top Bottom