Long-term equipment want/lust list?

The constant repeating of the same threads is getting ridiculous around here.
What audio brand do you not own that you hope/plan to in the future?
started Mar 11, 2018.
latest comments were on Tuesday & Wednesday this week, and has only moved three pages back since then.
http://audiokarma.org/forums/index....n-that-you-hope-plan-to-in-the-future.813791/

This thread started on Wednesday a couple hours after the last comment on the other one, so that thread would have been seen clearly on the fist page if one bothered to look as it's even in the same forum.

This is nothing against the OP but it seems like a lot of people like to start threads. Not bother doing any reading, searching and contribution to threads that are already rolling about the same thing.
Normally I would have to agree, as I've personally witnessed more than couple of duplicates around here, mainly focusing on the same thing. But from what (and how) I understood, this one IS different from the other thread, to which you pointed out.

What @J English probably meant is what is your long-term equipment that you'd WANT to own, but most likely not going to buy for one reason or another (unless you happen to get one for free, OR if the money was no object). Where the other thread is more abut planning for the future, which audio component do you plan to buy (eventually)? But then again, it could be just me, my personal interpretation... *shrug* For me however, those two make a big difference.

They both are dreaming threads, what if you had the money?
Not necessarily IMO. The first, older thread is more for someone who's looking for ideas (on how to spend money), or someone who is going to buy specific component one way or another & wants to share this information with the others. Or perhaps is waiting for specific day, month, year to buy something, but already has the mind set on buying something - so IMO nothing fictional about that. This thread however is more about what you said, "What if?" If I could afford to spend 2k, 3k USD on audio hardware right out of the pocket, or if I could have something free, what would it be. So really, the other thread, this one here feels more creative because it makes you think ... where the first one is already set & determined :)

Again, just my personal opinion :beerchug:

Every now and then, I compile my "what if money were almost no object...what would I buy?" Did a new list today to relieve the pressure in my brain. (I'm a very thrifty person and almost always buy things used, and I do like my mid-fi equipment - so this will probably never get used. And of course, thrifty person that I am, there is a beyond-this-level realm that even if I had a lot of money, I would never spend. But this is my list as of now.)

1. Speakers –Tekton Lore Reference ($750) or Magnaplanar 1.7s ($2000)
2. Amp – Schiit Vidar ($700) or Benchmark AHB2 ($3000)
3. Turntable – Rega Planar 3 ($950)
4. DAC – Schiit Bifrost Multibit ($600) or Benchmark DAC3HGC ($2200)
5. Cartridge – TBD
6. Phono Pre – TBD
7. Preamp – Passive (have) or TBD
8. CD player - TBD
9. Tape Deck – what I have is probably OK - I'm not one to chase this medium to absolute levels

What's on your wish lists?

I have a set of MG I's in the original box. I think the sleeves and tweeters need to be replaced, otherwise they are in superb condition. If I remember correctly, it's not expensive.

Down the road a bit, I'll probably end up going full digital/streaming, in order to access more music. I'd like to have the following components at that point. (used).

Linn Klimax DSM-2 or 3.
Primaluna Dialogue Premium preamp with Genelex Gold Lion Premium tubes.
Pass Labs X250.5 amp.
And my Kef R107s.

I'm sure the preamp in the DSM can be bypassed. I'll need the DSM over the DS, so I can use the Dac portion separately for a CD transport.
And I think that'll be my final system.

Cheers

Would love a updated diy kit version of the original Ampzilla ...just would love the look of those meters rolled into a modern package.

Back
Top Bottom