Finally a McIntosh Craigslist score!

musiqlovr

Seems everytime there is a piece of McIntosh gear on Craigslist, I email and either get no response or a response that "already sold", "just picked up" or some other version of "you are too late". So, I sent an email, saw that the ad had been up for a few hours already and assumed it was all gone...

Could not believe my surprise that They were still available.

These belonged to the family since new. C32 and MC2125

Check out the pics

Then units appear exceptional.
Congratulations and welcome to the world of Mc. :beerchug:

* Just received the CL advert of these units in my email. That was one lucky score indeed.

Last edited:
Cabinets alone are worth $400 in good condition. Difficult to understand why the owners didn't do a modicum of homework. No matter; their loss is your gain. Make sure you get the units checked out and serviced as needed. At this age, they're bound to need some level of attention.

Again, congratulations and well done.

So, talk to me about next steps...should they go to McIntosh? Would love for them to be gone through...

Any one here in South Jersey or local?

So, talk to me about next steps...should they go to McIntosh? Would love for them to be gone through...

Any one here in South Jersey or local?
I would call Audio Classics in Vestal NY for recommendations. They are by-far the best service center for McIntosh. As for "Ryan" who I believe runs their service department. Ask him what needs to be done before they're powered up (you don't want to blow up anything if they haven't been powered on for awhile) and the cost for service. I'd also buy shipping boxes from them since if you try to pack 'em yourself in inappropriate shipping containers, you WILL damage them.

You might also want to look on Audio Classics website for your models to see how much they're really worth.

Last edited:
Actually it's Ryan who's the service contact. OP in NJ - might be worth making a road trip rather than risk & expense of shipping. Of course if you're sending to A/C, have them send you the boxes and maybe they'll cut you a break.

Last edited:
Yeah crazy excited. I was able to pay a little less than the asking price...asking price was $625 for both units.
Yikes! You stole them, with manuals and slant leg cabinets no less. Nice find.
I owned both of those units at one time and loved them immensely. Now you need to find yourself a mint MR78 or 80 tuner to complete the package. Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom