Replacement 5-ohm pots for Quantum?

I think it has been done, these are much larger than the stock, did you try the soak in white vinegar.

If you can, pull them out and take them apart. Put in a bowl and soak in white vinegar, use an old toothbrush to gently scrub. Let dry and put back together with the fader lube. You might be surprised how well the white vinegar works.

If you use the ones from amazon the other components near them will need to be moved. Also they are opened back so will need to be covered with something to keep the polyfill out.

When I was looking for replacement l-pads/pots for my RSM's, it seemed tweeter replacements in similar size and rating were available.
HOWEVER the mid range ones I found were HUGE, those may be the ones mentioned already.

I ended up buying a couple complete sets of crossovers on ebay, one was for RSM, one was for RS6 I think. I only bought them so I could use the pots if needed in the future.
If you go that route I'm not sure if you should stick strictly with Q series or if other series would work.

Note: I've seen the RSM midrange pots in two styles, both OEM as far as I know.
One is ceramic body with small wire clips holding the halves together, those should be relatively easy to disassemble and clean.
The other style has a metal body with plenty of slots on the back to shoot deoxit into, not sure how easy that type would be to take apart and reassemble.

I purchased one. I seems cheaply made, hard to turn, flat metal (not wire) windings. Values tested right. A little too large for my QLS-1 crossover with its three pots squeezed onto the back panel. I ended up cleaning the heck out of mine.

I rebuilt the crossovers in a pair of Q2s last year. For some reason, the mid-bass pots in each one were beyond repair (by me, anyway). I replaced them with these:
2022000076.jpg
Very good quality, but the footprint is bigger than the originals. You can't fit 3 of these onto the control panel without drilling new holes.

Got them from: https://www.tedss.com/2022000076
They are a little pricey -- ~$20 each, or $15 each if you buy 5 or more.

Back
Top Bottom