Sansui, we barely knew ya

Actually Kev it isnt weird, The Sansui did not fit my needs, I needed something with a slim form factor and the Adcom was it. I have owned Adcom before and the 535's are a great sounding amp. Even if i kept the Sansui, I would need another amp as I bi-amp. Keep the Sansui and give up the TT, the EQ or the cassette. That was not a choice I wanted to make. I have had quality equipment since 1974 and I really don't need this groups approval of what I do. The post was a friendly way of saying good bye. Did I expect this type of response? Yes, I did. Cheers, Jim

It seems like the MP3 reasoning, size and convenience over sound quality.

- Pete

It seems like the MP3 reasoning, size and convenience over sound quality.

- Pete
And you need to relalize, there is quality, good sounding equipment out there that doesnt have the name Sansui on it, a lot of it. I sold and owned a lot of it. HK,Sony Luxman,Hafler, Adcom, Krell, Accuphase,Threshold, Mar Levinson, the list goes on. I have sold and owned Sansui, during the great years, and yes it is miles ahead of Pioneer, Marantz and the every day brands. I didnt choose lightly to go in another direction, The AU999, might be the best sounding Integrated amp made, I know that, but i wont have some elitist beating me up over my choices. The majority of you guys are great, and I would sit and have a beer with you and talk stereo anytime. Nuff said, I wont be back. Cheers jim

I traded away my Sansui G 9000 a few months back and have regretted it , I have been having withdrawals

Yikes, I couldn’t imagine that move. I got rid of a lowly 661 and regretted it. They really are awesome pieces.

And you need to relalize, there is quality, good sounding equipment out there that doesnt have the name Sansui on it, a lot of it. I sold and owned a lot of it. HK,Sony Luxman,Hafler, Adcom, Krell, Accuphase,Threshold, Mar Levinson, the list goes on. .....

The AU999, might be the best sounding Integrated amp made....

1) And, finally we get to subtext of the original post being spelled out; yes there is more to life than Sansui and lots of great brands out there. Getting agreement on which makes and models are the best is pointless though....the "Adcom over Sansui" argument in the Sansui subforum is especially pointless, unless the point was to troll a reaction out of us :p

2) The AU-999 is one of the worst sounding Sansui in stock form IMO. Ok, that was my old opinion and I have revised that harsh opinion a bit recently after revisiting, but the AU-999 is the only model I bought a bunch of unheard (based on lineage and comments on the forum) and then resold all 3 units without restoring them... basically within days of hearing them the first time (the strong reaction probably came from the fact I had just finished rebuilding a 777A and was hoping for a lot more from the TOTL ???). [edit: I now think the stock unit is ok, even with moments of brilliance let down by the original flaws I noticed immediately. After some mods, it's sublime.... actually, after some mods, it's an AU-888]. But, the AU-999 is not the best integrated amp ever made... I'm not even sure anyone in this forum would argue that very strongly.

Last edited:
I thought the 1st post in this thread was a passive aggressive troll too: didn't get the impression it was a friendly goodbye at all

" hey, I have a Sansui, but I decided this other stuff sounded way better. here are some pics! "

err....not surprised at the reactions :D

Back
Top Bottom