What is YOUR pet peeve? Let's have a laugh.

If people would just do the zipper merge correctly, society would make a leap ahead almost as significant as the discovery of fire.

How about the UPS guy who brought my $450 dehumidifier with the giant picture of the contents covering the whole side.

IMG_0948.JPG

The porch is 20 ft. long. Do you think he could leave it behind that nice big bush on the right?

IMG_0949.JPG

No, he put it right in the gap where everyone driving by on our busy street can see exactly what's there for their shopping pleasure. :rolleyes: :dunno:

To be fair tho, I will let someone in if they are using thier turn signal and exhibiting some degree of contrition. Bonus if they give me a thank you wave. But I still make them work for it.

Yeah, your right, I`m not always a hard ass either, but sometimes jerk drivers will get a challenge from me..

No prisoners for me tho, if there is no signal and they are being aggressive or demonstrating outright entitlement.

Exactly, if pushy, not happening in front of me, unless they want a mishap.
They can see if behind me will be more accommodating.

People who ride the centerline when the construction funnels it down to one lane to prevent line jumpers.

Oh wait. That's me. The line jumpers had ample warning a half mile back that their lane was ending. I am an asshole when it comes to this situation. They can wait in traffic, same as me and everyone else.

Unlike football, when driving, the best defense is not a good offense. Late, speeding mergers piss me off, too. They think they're more important than everyone else? I let them in, gritting my teeth as I do, because idiots like that are just an accident looking for a place to happen.

We joined the exodus during the mandatory evac of Beaumont, TX, as hurricane Rita (I think it was Rita) approached, heading east on I-10 on the way to Mississippi. A five-mile stretch across Lake Charles, LA, was bumper to bumper, both lanes, stop-and-go. That five-minute stretch took us more than four hours. People would move a few car lengths, then stop and cut off their engines. Once we sat immobile for nearly thirty minutes.

I was about to get out and stretch my legs on the shoulder, when a convoy of four cars, new Mercedes and BMWs, all, came flying up the shoulder at about 70mph. I was livid. They could easily have killed someone. You don't quite make asshole status, sorry. It looked to be a family of four (just one person/car, two male, two female, ages commensurate with my family theory) getting themselves and their status cars out of harm's way while putting everyone in their path at risk. Very privileged folks. :)

No, he put it right in the gap where everyone driving by on our busy street can see exactly what's there for their shopping pleasure. :rolleyes: :dunno:

UPS, FedEX and the post office have all started setting our packages right in front of the door rather than nicely off to the side where they can't be seen by people passing by. I can't figure out why; they used to be really good at setting them out of site from the street/sidewalk. Unless people weren't using their front doors and weren't looking for the packages and kept leaving them outside until they were stolen when they were tucked away.
I know some are starting to document the delivery with a picture so maybe it is easier with it in the middle of area like that.

UPS, FedEX and the post office have all started setting our packages right in front of the door rather than nicely off to the side where they can't be seen by people passing by. I can't figure out why; they used to be really good at setting them out of site from the street/sidewalk. Unless people weren't using their front doors and weren't looking for the packages and kept leaving them outside until they were stolen when they were tucked away.
I know some are starting to document the delivery with a picture so maybe it is easier with it in the middle of area like that.
I had a package delivered a couple of weeks ago. The driver barely pecked at the door and didn't give me time to answer before he was halfway back to his truck. I stepped outside figuring he needed me to sign for delivery. He half waved at me as he kept on walking to his truck. I'll admit there isn't much of a place here he could have hid the package, but at least give me time to get to the door!

Oh, most shipments don't require a sig anymore. I ship FedEx Ground and log my packages in online, and the option is hidden so well I'm not even sure how to request a delivery signature.

Oh, most shipments don't require a sig anymore. I ship FedEx Ground and log my packages in online, and the option is hidden so well I'm not even sure how to request a delivery signature.
I just had a weird one.

I ordered a new iPhone for my wife, plus a case from amazon.
I was around the corner of the house painting when the case showed up. I heard the doorbell, so I figured I should see what was going on. The delivery guy was walking away, and the package was jammed into my mailbox.
He THEN asked for a signature when he saw me/!And then asked me what the name was, and gave me a weird look. “It’s Kris. Just like the name on the package you just dropped off”, lol.

Did the thing need a signature or not?

I'm expecting something in from FedEx. I see him driving towards my house. I hit breakneck speed on the riding mower headed toward the front of the house. He passes on by like nobody's business. I see him turning around so I head back towards the front again. He passes by AGAIN. He sits at the crossroad by the water tower for few minutes. I come around on the mower again. He started taking off. I waved at him. Nothing doing. He went on his merry little way somewhere or another. I finally got ready to go in and found a note on my door. I was home when he left the note, and he had to have heard the mower going. So he should have saw me the multitude of times I tried to get his attention.

When my wife waits until I turn off the truck to collect her stuff, check her makeup, etc... then we can exit to do what we came to do.
Every. Time.

Mine hollered from the back room that she was 'almost ready'. That meant she only had to brush her teeth, collect some stuff, go in the kitchen for snacks to bring with, etc., etc. Gotta love em. I've gotten used to it, and the only reason I really want to know just how long I'll have to wait, is that I could go out in the driveway and pull some weeds or water the pots or maybe wax the car if I just knew I had that kind of time. :D

The latest in parking techniques, at the grocery store on July 4.

IMG_0956.JPG

It was on the end of the row, so technically they weren't taking up two spaces, but there's a very busy entrance at the end of that row and their @$$ was hanging out in traffic.

Collecting these parking photos has become a bit of a fun hobby. :p

Mine hollered from the back room that she was 'almost ready'. That meant she only had to brush her teeth, collect some stuff, go in the kitchen for snacks to bring with, etc., etc. Gotta love em. I've gotten used to it, and the only reason I really want to know just how long I'll have to wait, is that I could go out in the driveway and pull some weeds or water the pots or maybe wax the car if I just knew I had that kind of time. :D

My wife and daughter are the same. They will call out that they are "coming" while remaining rooted to the same spot they were already in, usually at the bathroom sink. Fortunately the flower bed next to the driveway has plenty of weeds to be pulled, so I go do that no matter their response, I even have some wet-wipes in the car for quick hand-cleaning once they finally leave the house.

The latest in parking techniques, at the grocery store on July 4.

<snip>

I like these:
8PneRMW.jpg

Back
Top Bottom