What is YOUR pet peeve? Let's have a laugh.

The latest in parking techniques, at the grocery store on July 4.

View attachment 1227813

It was on the end of the row, so technically they weren't taking up two spaces, but there's a very busy entrance at the end of that row and their @$$ was hanging out in traffic.

Collecting these parking photos has become a bit of a fun hobby. :p

I use this, among others when I see it.
7c2f99145c80df0190d1446f220d61c9--parking-notes-parking-signs.jpg

People who don't read an AK thread before posting.

I grow annoyed with threads where someone asks a question about what to do, is offered several options, picks one, and then bumps the thread weeks later when they report back on positive results; only for someone to read just the first post, and then suggest more solutions for the problem that has already been fixed.

I had that thing printed out, need to make some copies! I should adorn each vehicle after taking its picture.:rflmao:

Someone needs to come up with an alternative sign for the case where they don't pull into the space all the way and leave their rear end hanging out 3 or 5 into the lane. Technically they're inside the lines so Mr. Turtle doesn't work. :idea: Any ideas?

One of my biggest internet pet peeves is posters who use "ECT" instead of "ETC," for ETCETERA ("and so forth"). To me that indicates a minimally educated (or uneducated) buffoon who's intellect is smaller than their id. LOOK IT UP on google. This opinion may cause a firestorm of replies from some people, but consider the source, and that this is a very challenging thread! This is my opinion, and not a 'condemnation' of others opinions, just a reply to the OP's original posting question about "pet peeves." Forgive me (or not) for posting a 'harsh' opinion. Go for lightspeed!!

EDIT: multiple textual edits.

Last edited:
For some reason all my cars are magnetic and just pull other cars next to them. I'll park 8 spaces out from the nearest car in the parking lot and when I come back out there will be a car parked right next to me. There are 7 spaces closer to the store between my car and all the other cars in the parking lot but for some reason they had to park right next to me.

Love the parking notes but personally I'd like to leave off the 'you asshole' parts. Maybe I'm just a softie, but I think you can tell a person they're inconsiderate with a lower level of rudeness. If they're susceptible to the suggestion they might do better in the future, but would be put off by that. If they're actually an asshole, and there are those out there, they won't give a crap what you think anyway and will go merrily on being an asshole. :dunno: :D

But there are some great ideas there, I can always make my own. I like the turtle one a lot.

When I was younger, I took a more direct method of dealing with those who deliberately took up two - or more - spaces for their precious vehicles. I keyed them. It's as good as any ticket they'd never get anyway, because the lesson and the fine were built in. Otherwise they got off scott free and learned nothing.

Back
Top Bottom