Today's Dream Pop selection...

vwxRfsj.png

The Reegs
Blue Apple Music

The Reegs formed from members of The Chameleons after the split with Mark Burgess. Not entirely a Dream Pop sound, a lot of it would be filed under neo-psychedelia tag. It's got plenty of layers of swirling guitars and synthesizer.
This release is a compilation of everything they recorded, on 2 CD's. (Another reason I love CD's so much, collecting all their stuff on vinyl would cost hundreds. CD was eight bucks).
Here is a random selection if you are interested.

Last edited:
The Reegs
Blue Apple Music

The Reegs formed from members of The Chameleons after the split with Mark Burgess. Not entirely a Dream Pop sound, a lot of it would be filed under neo-psychedelia tag. It's got plenty of layers of swirling guitars and synthesizer.
This release is a compilation of everything they recorded, on 2 CD's. (Another reason I love CD's so much, collecting all their stuff on vinyl would cost hundreds. CD was eight bucks).
Here is a random selection if you are interested.

Sounds interesting. I'll need to look into hearing some more material by this ensemble.

I need to look into hearing more from this genre!

There's some mighty fine listening to be had @ Dream Pop young man. I know that you're already well acquainted with Opal, Mazzy Star, and other work associated w/ Hope Sandoval and Galaxie 500. The Brits have some excellent examples (IMO) as well, the Cocteau Twins and My Bloody Valentine in particular. There's also the lovely & often lush work of Beach House, relative newcomers to the Dream Pop scene.

Wiki has this band described as Freak Folk but I think it is Dream Pop and so does Pitchfork it is in the top 30. My wife found this song on a 12in single 33rpm on one side and 45 on the other.

Back
Top Bottom