How come youtube videos are not showing up in posts?

Dswankey

Lunatic Member
I've noticed lately in various different threads what seems to be a lot of "blank" posts. I thought nothing of it until I tried to post a YouTube video and my post showed up with nothing to view. I had a reply where another poster says he can see and play the video.

Might it be a Browser issue/settings issue on my end?

FWIW I use Firefox on a MacBook

Do you have flash disabled??

I usaully have it disabled and when i come to a post with an embedded video its just blank where the vid would be......

i thought flash had finished and gone to html5 ? might be something else has finished though .. i used to get ones not playing because of not having html5 with my browser until i found out how to add it .

Well I uninstalled and reinstalled the latest version of Flash and that didn't work. I messed around with the settings in Firefox and when I unchecked "private browsing" it all worked again.

Well I uninstalled and reinstalled the latest version of Flash and that didn't work. I messed around with the settings in Firefox and when I unchecked "private browsing" it all worked again.
wondering why that is so . are there settings within private browsing ?

Sounds like you know what you're doing thanks for looking into. In the grand scheme of things it's not a big deal

Can you play videos on Youtube itself?
It sounds like a plugin/extension problem. Youtube doesn't use Flash anymore, so there should not be any Youtube Flash plugin, or it should be disabled.
Do you have a lot of plugins?

try clearing browser history and cookies etc .they sometimes screw things up . easy to do and never a bad thing .

^ I cleared history, cookies etc and still the same thing again not a big deal I was just curious as to why it recently started doing this.

most odd .i have latest everything as get daily updates . and no probs . quick look and couldn't find settings for private browsing .. maybe uninstall and install again might fix it .

Thanks to all who chimed in and helped. It was indeed a Firefox issue which I've since addressed everything seems to be working fine now

Back
Top Bottom