KR-5600

dudefromla

Hi all, picked up a beautiful KR-5600 and it sounds great save for the usual scratchy pots etc.
My question is do I need to take off both top and bottom covers to deoxit?
Lotta screws on top and bottom so would appreciate any help.IMG_20180706_104044613.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats on getting the KR-5600!!! Those older Kenwood sets are nice and have a nice warm sound to them.

As for taking the top and bottom covers off, I suggest you probably should. Being the fact that you can examine all the circuit boards for fatigue, capacitors that maybe leaking, and also to just
get the dust out of the unit. And deoxit the crap out of those switches and pots!

Congrats again sir!

I'd say at bare minimum you're going to have to remove the top and bottom to access all the pots and switches. This post suggests removing the faceplate as well. I'd recommend making a lengthened spray straw (tape two end to end) to get where it is needed. Deoxit D5 for switches. Deoxit Faderlube for pots.

This borrowed image shows just a touch of the switches under the light assembly.
dbwAnkG.jpg

I'd say at bare minimum you're going to have to remove the top and bottom to access all the pots and switches. This post suggests removing the faceplate as well. I'd recommend making a lengthened spray straw (tape two end to end) to get where it is needed. Deoxit D5 for switches. Deoxit Faderlube for pots.

This borrowed image shows just a touch of the switches under the light assembly.
dbwAnkG.jpg
Thanks for your help, gonna start with the top cover.

I took everything off when I bought my KR 4600....the X600 line of receivers are superb quality....a lot better than the X400 line. That is a great receiver, enjoy!

Another great feature of mid line Kenwood receivers is that they have pre outs. I was going to buy a matching tuner for the amp I just bought but my KR 4600 has an awesome tuner so I am using it.

20180712_164003.jpg

Back
Top Bottom