Musical Fidelity Owners Thread

Bostown

Low End Audio Enthusiast!
Subscriber
MUSICAL FIDELITY OWNERS and USERS (Past and Present)

THIS IS A PHOTO THREAD first and foremost.
So PICS PICS AND MORE PICS please. :)

Apparently I've got quite an addiction to Musical Fidelity Gear, Specifically the X-ponent series . It's a design thing I'm sure. I started like many with an X-10d "missing Link" tube buffer and have racked up quite a bit of other units. SO. I figured I'd put up a MF owners thread to see if there are other Junkies out there.

Just this past weekend I attended a head-fi meet up in NH. and brought a Vintage MF Rig with me.
System included the following:

X-Cans v2
X-10d Tube Buffer
X-24K Dac
X-PSU Power Supply
X-Tone EQ/Tone Control

Custom Grado Cans ( Vibro Labs/ Manta )

_DSC2788.JPG

Last edited:
I will play!

I've got one one component in my system that is Musical Fidelity. The KW 500 integrated amp. I've got one picture of this beast below.

screen capture freeware

The other components are the following:
  • Monitor Audio Silver S10
  • Marantz 2285B (For the second set of kitchen speakers)
  • Cambridge Audio 640p (upgraded)
  • Cambridge Audio DAC Magic
  • Basis Audio 1400 Signature TT

I really miss my X-150 and would love another one....or a similar size/spec integrated MF amp.

Picked up a V-Dac II off CList recently for $75. Needed a 2nd DAC but did not want to spend an arm and a leg and this came along.

I've had my A300 dual mono integrated amp for about 2 years now and don't have any intentions of letting it go. I absolutely love it!

I'm currently on the hunt for an X-10v3. The M1DAC was also on my list, but now the Teac UD-501 has caught my attention, so I'm not sure which direction I'll end up going. I'd love to try some of Musical Fidelity's other pieces too if they ever cross my path.

Here's a few photos of the A300 in my system.

99db8cad-6eb7-4004-af2b-7da9251e49a0_zpsf7c0fput.jpg

P1040518_zpsa5640a8b.jpg

7c69916f-dbad-4510-a6d4-c9518b36a7d2_zps9d6eddd7.jpg

ad5ff12d-34ec-4ff0-9dfe-f8c22e68fd6c_zpsc6069b69.jpg

Last edited:
I have the X-type stuff
X-Cans...headphone amp...(tubes)
X-PRE...preamp...(tubes)
X-PHONO...phono amp...(SS)
X-PSU...power supply
plus the aluminum tri angle holders(forgot what they were called)View attachment 1228921View attachment 1228922

At some point I need to get a pic of my full X-Ponent Series system. I unexpectedly started "collecting" it and found myself with a somewhat complete system . I've skipped over a few units but I have a pretty decent pile going :)

The little brackets are called X-Cite - I ran out of them and was forced to have some custom made. I may have a few more done, I can't be the only one who needed extras.

P1020876.JPG Ive Had Two A5 Where i could hear the Torridal Transformer buzzing Above the music late at night. I Passed the first one on thinking it was Faulty. Some months later i purchased a second one and low and behold there was that Buzz. So looked into it and Bought a DC blocker. For what they are they are very expensive. I bought one From Bulgaria link supplied And it honestly works. The Torridal Transformer is quiet, not a sound comes out of that caseP1020875.JPG

My room setup changes like the weather Presently looks like

DCBlocker https://www.atlhifi.com/shop/fully-assembled-devices/dc-blocker-trap-filter-assembled-in-case/

Attachments

• P1020874.JPG
    P1020874.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
I have a KW500. I remember lusting after them when they were new (I was young and impressionable then. That massive, shiny, super powerful amplifier seemed so cool to me haha). Eventually bought one years later. Its not in a system currently. Might pull her out an have a listen soon. This thread has inspired me :D

While at last week's EISA Global Press Convention in Antwerp, Belgium, AnalogPlanet editor Michael Fremer asked Pro-Ject CEO Heinz Lichtenegger about the Musical Fidelity purchase, which had been reported but not officially confirmed. Here's what he said.

If this happened 50 years ago and i missed it. please forgive me :)

Nice cable Hiding - Not a cable to be seen

My Phone - Soundhound app - Tells me the music Libertango - Horacio Malvichino

another nice setup - music Veto - Sohn

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom