Pioneer DV-38A

rodman101

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Picked this up off CL a few weeks ago for $40, has remote but missing battery cover. Had open first thing and the design is quite impressive, at least on the audio side, using it for CD purposes only. Some copper chassis and audio grade caps everywhere. I have some Muses8820's given to a few years ago so I swapped the NE5532's out. Sounds good for the price and time I put into it. Going in the man cave so seems like a bargain?? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Attachments

• cd.jpg
    cd.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 38
Just picked up one of these as well. What are your impressions? It's certainly built very solidly for a DVD player.

Picked this up off CL a few weeks ago for $40, has remote but missing battery cover. Had open first thing and the design is quite impressive, at least on the audio side, using it for CD purposes only. Some copper chassis and audio grade caps everywhere. I have some Muses8820's given to a few years ago so I swapped the NE5532's out. Sounds good for the price and time I put into it. Going in the man cave so seems like a bargain?? Any feedback would be appreciated.

At the beginning, the "Elite" line of gear (players, receivers, TVs) was really nice stuff. I heard that Pio "decontented" the line later on, but I don't have first-hand knowledge of that.

At the beginning, the "Elite" line of gear (players, receivers, TVs) was really nice stuff. I heard that Pio "decontented" the line later on, but I don't have first-hand knowledge of that.

I have the Pioneer Elite DV-79AVi, the top-of-the-line universal player in the series following DV-38. Despite that, the DV-79AVi didn't come with those wood panels on the side. Now that's "decontent".

Back
Top Bottom