Klipschorns in a Volvo wagon?

If the max width is 53.1", and the speakers are 50.7" tall, wouldn't they fit in sideways?
A single would fit lenghtwise for sure. Two trips maybe?
I fit a full size kitchen range in my Volvo 850 wagon, which I think is smaller than the 240.

Just got home, I think they would have fit (sideways, laying down with the tops behind them), But it was much easier with the truck. I just didn't want to get caught in the rain like I did with my DQ-20's (I always have a blue tarp for emergencies). The owner wanted them gone, I was happy to help, I wont say what I paid, but the ad just said :Free large speakers" with a picture.

P7070533.jpg

P7070535.jpg

P7070531.jpg

I'm going to need an inventory of everything you own audio related.

I get to pick something I want and pay 1/5th market value.

You then go on national TV and go on and on about how happy you are to send it my way and how you'd do it again, zero prompting.

Congrats to you on "saving" those fine old speakers:thumbsup: and a truck is definitely the way to go for moving them. FWIW one Khorn taken apart barely fits (shoehorn needed) and completely fills my Santa Fe and same for my bud's Tahoe.

About 40 years ago I brought my K-horn bass bins down to Tucson, from Seattle, in a U-Haul trailer. I actually found a ride sharer willing to haul the trailer, from a bulletin board (the physical kind) at the University of Washington.

Congratulations on your good fortune!

Volvo 240 Wagon models cargo space:

Length with rear seat up 44.5" (113 cm)
Length with rear seat down 74.0" (188 cm)
Length with seat cushion removed 77.6" (197 cm)
Maximum width 53.1" (135 cm)
Height 32.9" (84 cm)
Volume with rear seat up 41 cu. ft. (1.2 m³)
Volume with rear seat down 76 cu. ft. (2.151 m³)
Cargo opening, maximum width 45.7" (116 cm)
Cargo opening, maximum height 30.7" (78 cm)

47a459d8c9f44dae7dda98bc751d999b--volvo--gif.jpg

Of course, guy from Vermont with this...

So, of course when you got them home you checked to see if/how they would fit in the Volvo, right?
How'd it go?

Back
Top Bottom