What is YOUR pet peeve? Let's have a laugh.

I sure am glad this "keying" thing is not common here in Germany. Not that I give anyone reason to do it. But, still, very primitive. Glad you grew out of it.

You live in Germany? What part? I have always wanted to visit Germany because my family on my father's side is from there and there are still many of them over there. One is a photographer and I've always wanted to meet him especially and hopefully see his photos (many were war photos).

Mostly two-lane rural roads where I live and It's unusual to go anywhere without encountering some obstacle like a farm tractor, Amish buggy, bicyclist, roadkill, etc. partially blocking one lane. Seems like there's always a snot of oncoming traffic or a 'No Passing' zone when it's in my lane. But, then, when there's something in the oncoming traffic's lane, they seem to have the opinion that they have priority to just swing out over the center line to get past it without slowing down to wait for me to clear them ,forcing me to slow down for something in their lane they should have slowed for in the first place.

Just happened - trying to log into a retirement account I haven't look at in years. Received the message "your username, password, zip code or email address does not match what we have on file." Well which one is it???? :mad: Couldn't they be just a bit more specific??

This drives me crazy. I often get this. How can it be??" I have the same everything for 15 years - I haven't changed anything.:dunno:

Perhaps, they consider your account`s lack of activity(like logging on, etc.) as dormant, and want you to contact them to refresh it for them to prove your still above room temperature ?

As a simple example with me, with a rarely used High limit Credit Card(no running monthly balance), Savings, and MM(currently over $50,000.00) deposited account at a Credit Union.
If there is no activity for a year, they send me a pester notice/s in the mail about lack of account activity (basically wanting me to use the CC once a year and deposit some money, or write a check from the accounts to placate their ass`s, which annoys me since it would seem that they would wish their customers to keep static monies in their financial Institution so they could loan it out while paying me/other`s pittance interest and raking in substantially more loan interest profit monies on "our/my dough" !!

Wasn`t this way years ago..

Not my primary bank, but a backup..

Just a thought vinowino

Last edited:
Perhaps, they consider your account`s lack of activity(like logging on, etc.) as dormant, and want you to contact them to refresh it for them to prove your still above room temperature ?

As a simple example with me, with a rarely used High limit Credit Card(no running monthly balance), Savings, and MM(currently over $50,000.00) deposited account at a Credit Union.
If there is no activity for a year, they send me a pester notice/s in the mail about lack of account activity (basically wanting me to use the CC once a year and deposit some money, or write a check from the accounts to placate their ass`s, which annoys me since it would seem that they would wish their customers to keep static monies in their financial Institution so they could loan it out while paying me/other`s pittance interest and raking in substantially more loan interest profit monies on "our/my dough" !!

Wasn`t this way years ago..

Not my primary bank, but a backup..

Just a thought vinowino

My Discover card did much the same to me this year: Spend some money (charge something) for proof of life.:whip:
Had not used it for years. :naughty: Charged a motel room, paid it off on first statement. Small pain for me, small gain for them, but they sent me a new card immediately.:p Probably cost them more to process the payment and send the emails than they made. :rflmao:

What is the preoccupation with pronouncing words ending with "ion" as "in" instead of "un". I guess that's one of those things in language that is in a flux time right now but it bothers me, and I have nothing better today to gripe about.

Nation : Nashin
Station : Stashin

well, you get it.

Lifetime Maps on your New GPS - not really!

Lifetime Maps

For all lifetime map subscriptions, lifetime refers to the useful lifetime of the device, considered to be 3 (three) years from the date of manufacture.

What is the preoccupation with pronouncing words ending with "ion" as "in" instead of "un". I guess that's one of those things in language that is in a flux time right now but it bothers me, and I have nothing better today to gripe about.

Nation : Nashin
Station : Stashin

well, you get it.
I have never noticed this before. Could it be a regional thing?

Back
Top Bottom