Today's classical playlist

More Images

Bruckner*, Bruno Walter, Columbia Symphony Orchestra ‎– Symphony No. 4 In E-Flat Major, "Romantic"
Label:
Odyssey ‎– Y 32981
Format:
Vinyl, LP, Album
US
Released:
Genre:
Classical
Style:
Romantic

View attachment 1230130
Bruckner......talented but bland guy.....left several versions of some of his works hanging out there so it was difficult to determine what was intended in some cases.........https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anton_Bruckner

Last edited:
PB188504.jpg

JEANNE LA PUCELLE
Bande Originalle du Film
Jordi Savall, Guillaume Dufay, Anonymous 15th Century
La Capella Reial de Catalunya
Hespèrion XX

Jordi Savall - music direction

Auvidis

I wonder if David feels a shift in "The Force", realizes it's coming from AK, and will return to defend his beloved Bruckner. :)

Ray
No attempt on my part to besmirch the reputation of Herr Bruckner......the fact that we are still listening and talking about him 150 years later speaks for itself. I am a history buff and like to get the sense of an individual, that's all. I did enjoy the episode where he tipped the conductor like he was a waiter. The apparent disconnect between his life and work makes him more interesting to me.

No attempt on my part to besmirch the reputation of Herr Bruckner......the fact that we are still listening and talking about him 150 years later speaks for itself. I am a history buff and like to get the sense of an individual, that's all. I did enjoy the episode where he tipped the conductor like he was a waiter. The apparent disconnect between his life and work makes him more interesting to me.

No worries from my perspective -- I'm not a huge Bruckner fan. I view him as the transitional step into madness ( Mahler), but not the cause.

Ray

Back
Top Bottom