SX1250 right side no sound

sendust

Music feeds the soul
Hi i have no sound on right side, ive tried AM FM and phono , all the same. I switched amps still no right side. Can you guide me to what i should look at next. Checked speaker connections, reversed speaker no change. thanks for any help .

Just to add when i connect to C setting for speakers, no sound left or right .Same with A no sound just B left side.

Just to add when i connect to C setting for speakers, no sound left or right .Same with A no sound just B left side.

Set the balance to full right. Work all the function switches with rapid fire pushing until you hear it working. I'm sure it's a dirty switch. Note: the signals go through all the front panel switches. Heck, work all of them.
You can remove the jumpers from the back and run the receiver as an amp only. Of course you need a separate known good pre amp to use. And the other way using a pre-amp running the outs to a separate known good amp. Copy?
Clean the jumpers and RCA jacks.

Set the balance to full right. Work all the function switches with rapid fire pushing until you hear it working. I'm sure it's a dirty switch. Note: the signals go through all the front panel switches. Heck, work all of them.
You can remove the jumpers from the back and run the receiver as an amp only. Of course you need a separate known good pre amp to use. And the other way using a pre-amp running the outs to a separate known good amp. Copy?
Clean the jumpers and RCA jacks.
Will give it a try

One other thing. Use an RCA patch cord as jumpers and swap the channels. Takes some thinking to get it right but it could isolate the issue to pre or amps. Amp Channel swap is all it is.
Still hoping for a dirty switch.

After playing with switches i now get sound on right and left on b setting still no sound a or c

All the controls will need a really good Deoxit treatment. It might need the switches dissembled to get a thorough cleaning and follow-up lube.

After playing with switches i now get sound on right and left on b setting still no sound a or c
The problem would have to be in the speaker switch assembly. Audio comes through the protect relay contacts and from there, directly to the speaker switches.

Last edited:
Very often the problem is with the filter switches. Cycle them many times and see if it helps. They are apparently the last switch befor the pre-out, if I remember correctly.

I cleaned the switches with detox, worked them well. The b works well both sides, there is absolutely no sound coming out of a or c at 50% volume and trying every switch not any sound at all. I may be wrong but i would think if it was a bad connection i would here a pop or something?

What is a delete post? and i will disassemble switches and clean.
I made a mistake and wanted to delete the reply. Nothing to worry about.
Back to your problem. I say to everyone here, since the B speaker switch works all the time, but A speaker and C speaker does not work, then the problem HAS to be in the A B C switch assembly. The fact that the B switch works all the time, proves that audio is coming from the protect relay at all times. The only other thing it could be is if the wires from A switch and C switch going to the A and C speaker terminals are disconnected or cut.

I will look at the wires, so if i get this right, the fact i am getting sound to B proves the signal reaches the switches, there is nothing before the switches that can defer the signal,,, or can there be an issue with the board, i see quite a few wires come for it. just asking

I will look at the wires, so if i get this right, the fact i am getting sound to B proves the signal reaches the switches, there is nothing before the switches that can defer the signal,,, or can there be an issue with the board, i see quite a few wires come for it. just asking
Do you have a schematic? If not you should get one. There are two audio co/ax cables, left channel audio and right channel audio, coming off the protection relay contacts and connect to the speaker switch assembly. From there, the user selects A, B, C or a combination of them. From there, the left audio and right audio cables connect to A, B. and C speaker terminals. And if you are only pushing the A B and C speaker switches, then no, there is nothing before the switches that can stop the audio from the normal path. Oh, the only way to stop the audio from reaching the speaker terminals, would be to press all three speaker switches A B and C at the same time.

Last edited:
It might be a good idea to look at the speaker switch board. Someone could of been in there. You have the Deoxit cleaning to do. Good time to investigate.
Some bypass butchery is suspected.

The speaker switches are arranged in which only 2 can be active at one time.
In other words a bunch of contacts to check/clean. probably best to take them all apart/clean if the paths are high resistance. I have one in my box of parts.
I use headphones sometimes to test for channel balance and of coarse the ACVmeter.

Back
Top Bottom