Jimmy Page of Led Zeppelin @ McIntosh

ericleehall

This is a recent picture of Page in his London "Tower House"... See that McIntosh setup in theJimmyPage@HomeInLondon2018.jpg background, any idea what it all is?

Well spotted!! Yes I wonder what the pre-amp is? That house is completely amazing!! I saw another article on it too, but we didn't see the McIntosh though..
He is a man of impeccable taste....I love the way he has owned that place since 1972, its not a recent thing for him...

I've seen Jimmy spinnin' vinyl on an older Thorens, don't know if that's what's hiding under the blanket though.

The footage of Jimmy spinning that Link Ray tune in the Movie "It might get Loud" is not in that room, if at all in that house.
But it was a Thorens and it would be reasonable to expect that a Thorens is hiding under the cover there...

The Song Remains the Same scenes with Robert Plant in the Castle, were shot in Scotland. But the scene in the beginning of the film where Jimmy was outside with the Hurdy Gurdy then his eyes turned red, were undoubtably in the grounds of that house...

Lots of celebrities had MC2105s - Hef, Howard Hughes, etc. IMHO, it's the most iconic SS amp Mc ever produced.
All purchased at a time when these audio aficionados were buying the "latest and greatest" meaning they passed over the MC275.

I've owned and heard my share of Mac amps and none of the SS amps I've owned can put the "shimmer" in the highs that my 275 can.

Wouldn't you have? I sure would have ... Who would have guessed the MC275 would become so valuable?
I purchased my first Mac amp, a 2505, in 1977.
I vividly remember the used 275’s being traded in and being placed on the “used” shelf during that period. I didn’t think twice about them, I was retiring a Dynaco Stereo 70. What did I know, LOL.

The interesting part is that a man for whom money is no object - and who is also a professional musician - felt no need to upgrade his 40- 50 year old MC2105. :)

*According to the Mc book, Howard Hughes ran an MC2505 with a pair of Altec 7 in his personal "home theater" system while holed up in a Las Vegas hotel. Was said to be fond of playing to ear splitting levels, much to the anger of the other guests.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom