Whats up with Soundstage Direct?

Ken Boyd

Subscriber
Wondering if anyone has been in contact with Soundstage Direct. I placed an order for a number of LP's last month, and I can't find my order anywhere on their search tool. I have called 6 times only to get an answering service during opening hours. I know they got the order because the charges are on my card. All the records I ordered were ones that showed up as in their inventory. I left messages with their answering service to have their customer service call me, that was over a week ago, no call back.

Just wondering if anyone else is having problems. I don't think I will order from them again I mean its one thing to have an answering service during operation hours, but then to not call back is very poor service. I have never had problems with them in the past.

Yeah looks like its going to be a long wait. Next time I will go straight to the source AP or Speakers Corner with my orders. All my order were Classical LP's and two of them were Opera music, one would think they would be tripping over themselves to get rid of those hard to sell LP's. :jump:

My last order was just for one copy of LED ZEP III probably 8 months ago.I think it took about 10-14 days .

Wondering if anyone has been in contact with Soundstage Direct. I placed an order for a number of LP's last month, and I can't find my order anywhere on their search tool. I have called 6 times only to get an answering service during opening hours. I know they got the order because the charges are on my card. All the records I ordered were ones that showed up as in their inventory. I left messages with their answering service to have their customer service call me, that was over a week ago, no call back.

Just wondering if anyone else is having problems. I don't think I will order from them again I mean its one thing to have an answering service during operation hours, but then to not call back is very poor service. I have never had problems with them in the past.
Wow that's crazy Ken, you'v been very patient I would have been calling after a week or 10 days.

@mkane was just talking about maybe making an order with them...:no:

Wow that's crazy Ken, you'v been very patient I would have been calling after a week or 10 days.

@mkane was just talking about maybe making an order with them...:no:

Calling doesn't do any good, they're not answering their phones or emails.

Calling doesn't do any good, they're not answering their phones or emails.
I understand that, but I would have started to find that out very soon after a order.

When did you place your order?

You can also call your bank and get in touch with the fraud department. If they don't get a response from them they will take action.

I ordered on the 20th and all the records said in stock. I think they might not keep any of these in stock, but claimed they did.
The problem with how slow they are is mostly compounded by what appears to be their hiding behind a phone service of the likes that a Doctor would use e, Soundstage Direct doesn't call back anyone.

I have received records from Discogs sellers in Europe and Israel quicker than I do from SSD. I have used them before and they were a bit slow then as well, but their customer service was ok, they would check my records for warps prior to shipping as well. Some of the pressings finding one that isn't warped is quite hard, one pressing they couldn't find any, they just gave me credit.

I’ve had problems with them in the past myself. No communication and very slow shipping. Haven’t ordered anything in a couple of years.

You order, they put in an order. You wait. Sounds like a company that has no inventory. I use Acoustic Sounds or Musicdirect now. Elusive disc is good too.

I placed an order with Sound Stage on 4-15, all of order was listed in-stock with 3-5 days processing time. On 4-30 I managed to get the order cancelled, it was more than a month later that I finally got my refund.
My advice: Stay the heck away from Sound Stage!
Music Direct is prompt, honest about delivery dates, only charges shipping once even if it takes 3 shipments due to arrival dates. Never been dissatisfied with them.

I've had great results with them, and in my experience, they keep a lot of inventory on hand. Certainly not every title they offer on their site, but lots.

I recently ordered 8 albums from them, 4 shipped immediately, and the remainder arrived after they were in stock...didn't get much in way of information during the wait, but was able to log into my account in their website and review status...

Good reputable seller in my experience- sorry to hear you're having trouble Ken

Back
Top Bottom