What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Nice work @C2rice, what was the cause of the unit not working? What did you do to get it fixed?

Good to see you are making progress on it, you try anything on the amp?
Both had faulty voltage selectors. Both are full of shorts apparently. The amp had several cracked soldier points that I could actually see and repair. God only knows how many more there are causing those shorts. This is just above my pay grade. I have come close to just chucking them a couple of times (wellll, maybe not). It will cost way too much to ship them AND pay someone to fix them.

The two sisters are back from condo exploring in Ocean View. I could droll poetically about that farce.

So here we are, Tuesday afternoon at a quarter to three. The mission is accomplished. She's seen everything she came to see Tomorrow morning my wife has a meeting at 9:00AM that'll last a couple of hours and a book club event at 7:00PM.
Sister-in-law should be packed and gone by 8:30AM but nooooo, she's staying till Thursday cuz she's getting an all expenses paid vacation at my house.
Then I get to go back to work on Friday. Two weekends of the job bookending this hell. Of the 60 months that I've lived in this house, my sister-in-law has accumulated a month here.
:thumbsdown:

No good there bro-cephus.....Maybe send her out to say Texas for some coffee:dunno:

Marillion_misplacedchildhood.jpg

View attachment 1231776 I finally got the Pioneer Elite Reference C-90 working (sort of). At least it has power and I got something out of it... The cd output works but the pods still need a good clean. I couldn't get anything out of the phono Jack and the left channel has a bit of a short in it that a little wiggle fixes...unacceptable. The good news is the soundstage it produces is absolutely impeccable! I played MFSL copies of "The Wall", "Meddle", and "Soul Cages" in their entirety and just WOW!!! It completely blows away anything I have previously owned. It is an absolute monster!!! For now though, it goes back in the "well sh#t!!!" pile. Back to the Yamaha...

Work in progress!

Back
Top Bottom