Vinyl only spin list

Roberta Flack ‎– First Take (Atlantic 1969)
R-758676-1413781047-1575.jpeg.jpg

Another copy of an album I can never get enough of ..

Nice K-Dub! How you like it?

I just got it back from the tech. I picked it up a year ago, never used it. So far I like it a lot. Never owned tube gear before. I love the way this receiver looks! I have little $$ invested because I made a profit on the receiver I bought with it plus I got a free Fisher 250-T right before the repair which I flipped immediately. So I'm only about $75 into this Kenwood, the cost of r/t gas and tolls to Connecticut.

I just got it back from the tech. I picked it up a year ago, never used it. So far I like it a lot. Never owned tube gear before. I love the way this receiver looks! I have little $$ invested because I made a profit on the receiver I bought with it plus I got a free Fisher 250-T right before the repair which I flipped immediately. So I'm only about $75 into this Kenwood, the cost of r/t gas and tolls to Connecticut.

Very cool. I love that KW series as well. When I was out in AZ I had a friend with rooms full of audio gear and his favorite was a KW-60. Nice pick-up!

Area Code 615 S/T - Polydor 24-4002 - 1969

Some great players and producers on this one including Kenny Buttrey, Norbert Putnam, and David Briggs. Sort of blue-grassy, rocky, whatever. I highly recommend this one.

View attachment 1225884

upload_2018-7-11_13-11-39.jpeg

Area Code 615 - S/T

Found it in a used store this weekend and bought based on your suggestion. I like it! It's hard to characterize, since every cut is different so far. Thanks!

Spinning my nice new used copy of the Shaft sound track. Isaac Hayes. Sounds great!

I also scored a used but pristine (open shrink wrap) original copy (with poster) of Rufus featuring Chaka Khan (the cover with the big mouth) and a very used but clean copy of Chic's greatest hits.

I think I scored this morning.

Nice scores! :thumbsup: The "Shaft" soundtrack is definitely a "Must Have" in one's record collection!

Nice scores! :thumbsup: The "Shaft" soundtrack is definitely a "Must Have" in one's record collection!

Agree. I've always wanted a copy. Several months ago, I noticed a $25 newly reissued heavyvinylandallthat copy pop up in the new bins. I just couldn't bring myself to crack the wallet open for it. And then today the first thing I saw when I walked into the store was this great clean old copy.

It completes what I think of as a trilogy of great 70s soul sound tracks, with Superfly by Curtis Mayfield and Coffy by Roy Ayers.

Oddly enough, I've never seen the movies.

Back
Top Bottom