Got my first vintage receiver Sansui G-7500

hi-fi_EMT

Just got it today, I have my audio_technica Lp3 hooked up to it and only have a set of Polk T15 bookshelf speakers to use right now but I'm loving it. I can't wait to get some good quality floor speakers hooked up. It seems like it is in like new condition and everything works.

G7500 (1 of 2).jpg G7500 (2 of 2).jpg G7500 (3 of 1).jpg

That unit looks all business. Don't have to worry about a female EVER going near it. Kids, though...

:rflmao: My wife hasn't seen it yet and your comment is spot on. I want to put it in the entertainment center in the living room but I don't think it will survive my two-year-old son.

I love the looks of those big ol' Sansuis.
The one thing I don't like is the side terminals for interconnects and speaker cables. The really big ones need an extra wide space, wider than many stereo cabinets have.

The sansui looks like brand new in those shots. Only if it out of reach of the 2 year old. Good luck with the wife acceptance factor (WAF). Enjoy the music ! Welcome to AK. The owners and service manual is here on HiFIEngine.com. https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/sansui/g-7500.shtml Just register and download for free if you haven't been to the site.

I thought it looks new as well. I took the top off today and had a look inside.
g7500-4.jpg g7500-5.jpg g7500-7.jpg g7500-8.jpg g7500-9.jpg

IMG_20180615_190128.jpg Hi your Sansui looks brand new inside and outside congratulations looks like you scored a very nice unit. the g9000 and the g 33000 really doesn't sound that much different . The G 33000 has a little bit more Bass but it would be real hard to tell the difference anyway you have a mighty fine-looking Sansui

View attachment 1232434 Hi your Sansui looks brand new inside and outside congratulations looks like you scored a very nice unit. the g9000 and the g 33000 really doesn't sound that much different . The G 33000 has a little bit more Bass but it would be real hard to tell the difference anyway you have a mighty fine-looking Sansui

@tater415
I just read the specs on the G 33000 :eek2: 300w per channel, I'm going to have to find one for myself. I would also like the midrange control. It looks nice as well.

Very sweet, congrats! Good price?

What would be considered good, because I'm sure I didn't get a good price.:( I got it on fleabay and paid the buy it now price because I was obsessed with getting a Sansui and couldn't find anything in my area.

What would be considered good, because I'm sure I didn't get a good price.:( I got it on fleabay and paid the buy it now price because I was obsessed with getting a Sansui and couldn't find anything in my area.

Not sure really. Was wondering if it was a garage sale score. I picked up a lovely Pioneer SX-880 for $10 this way. I also have a Sansui 2000X that I would never part with. I paid $265 plus I invested another $325 in restoration. Some might think that's too much but I think it's worth every penny. Love my Sansui!

Not sure really. Was wondering if it was a garage sale score. I picked up a lovely Pioneer SX-880 for $10 this way. I also have a Sansui 2000X that I would never part with. I paid $265 plus I invested another $325 in restoration. Some might think that's too much but I think it's worth every penny. Love my Sansui!

Awesome, I'm definitely going to keep looking for them in the wild. I hope I end up finding some deals like that.

Awesome, I'm definitely going to keep looking for them in the wild. I hope I end up finding some deals like that.

Yeah the Pioneer was a blessing. I wasn't even looking that day. I got back to where I was supposed to pick up my wife 30 minutes early so I made a right off the highway instead of a left to go look for coffee. Saw the Garage Sale sign, turned a corner and there she was. I also scored a nice Technics TT for $10. The guy had a nice looking 8-track player/recorder too but I only had $20 on me. When I got home I searched SX-880 here and I read about a known issue with overheating. I checked the circuit board for evidence but I couldn't find any. The following week I was again in the area where I found it so I knocked on the man's door to see if perhaps he still had the 8-track. We talked and I mentioned what I had learned about the overheating issue. He knew what I was talking about and told me that that was fixed via a service bulletin from Pioneer shortly after he bought it. This Pioneer has worked flawlessly since I got it and it's cosmetically near mint as well. I can only beat this story with the time I picked up a perfectly fine SONY XA20ES CD player on the curb for the trashman. Even had the remote, RCA cables and the ever-important stabilizing puck! Still in use today 3 years later.

Back
Top Bottom