Today's JAZZ playlist

plys%20msty.jpg~original
plys%20msty%202.jpg~original

Erroll Garner / Plays Misty
1961 Mercury
1971? Mercury

Been enjoying the hotel room in NYC today. About to get ready to go out for the evening.

Currently one of @jgannon 's mentioned stations WKCR from Columbia University here in NY. My BlackBerry Passport has an FM Radio built in, so I'm actually doing FM Reception of NY Jazz Stations, just because I can. As you can imagine (if you've never listened to WKCR), they do it right. Not all Jazz, but a nice mix. Their Jazz is very good. After all, it's Columbia University.

I've flipped between WKCR and WBGO all day today while enjoying the view here in NYC.

Been enjoying the hotel room in NYC today. About to get ready to go out for the evening.

Currently one of @jgannon 's mentioned stations WKCR from Columbia University here in NY. My BlackBerry Passport has an FM Radio built in, so I'm actually doing FM Reception of NY Jazz Stations, just because I can. As you can imagine (if you've never listened to WKCR), they do it right. Not all Jazz, but a nice mix. Their Jazz is very good. After all, it's Columbia University.

I've flipped between WKCR and WBGO all day today while enjoying the view here in NYC.

Hey Billy, I was just thinking. See if Arturo's over on Houston St. is still there. I'm pretty sure they are. They have live music and coal oven pizza. They used to have some heavy hitters there once in a while, but more often it is some local musicians playing, who can often be good. At any rate, it's fun!

Bar prices have not gone up that much since Y2K. Taxi/Limo just took another jump. Up 10 cents 1/5th of a mile - 50 cents a mile. Not huge but if you are a New Yorker that takes Cabs all day long, that really adds up. I always do limo from the airport. Same cost as a taxi and you might as well ride in a LIncoln Town Car for 55 bucks. It's $45 plus tip taxi or limo from Laguardia to Midtown Manhattan. Food has not jumped that much.

I wanted to get back to you on this, Bill. I wouldn't agree with you on food and drink prices. In the last 15 years, IMO they have gone up quite a bit! Obviously, it's going to vary from place to place. Maybe it's just the places I've been going!!

Back
Top Bottom