Interesting article on cables...drama ensues...

And this one is going nowhere but down the toilet like most of these threads. Everyone has an opinion, but that does not make it fact or fiction.
Regards,
Jim

Last edited:
Just to point this out, the idea behind posting this was not to start a debate on expensive cable efficacy. It was to point out that, among the snake oil peddlers, people use simple, but effective, underhanded tactics. As has been pointed out many a time, all you need to do is increase the volume of music by 2-3dB in order for most people to agree that it sounds "better".

I'm not saying the high end cable market is comprised solely by liars, or that better cables don't do anything. That's really up to personal opinion.

Last edited:
I thought I saw this closed. Might as well be. What is the topic, again? The OP mentions snake oil peddlers and liars (liers would be something else, I think), but isn't looking for debate? Just reinforcement, then?

Far as I can tell the topic seems to be a fool and his money - that is what I infer. Can we discuss other platitudes, as well?

I don't like the one about insanity is doing the same thing over and over while expecting a different result. Actually, it is quite sane and people do it all the time. It's called practice, whether with a musical instrument, or some kind of ball, etc. OTOH, starting cable threads that don't flame out... may be a different story for this platitude. :biggrin:

There is always two sides to every story, and we only have one side presented here. It was closed then reopened after some mod edits.
Regards,
Jim

I don't care to debate the item in the article, what I find far more interesting is how the guy was pressured into shutting up. That raises a LOT of red flags......that an organization devoted to audio is more concerned about snapping up freebies than showing quality high end audio.

There is always two sides to every story, and we only have one side presented here. It was closed then reopened after some mod edits.
Regards,
Jim

Thanks for re opening the thread. But the article shows both sides fairly well I think. I don't mean about whether the item in question was snake oil, I am taking about how the author was treated when he exposed what he thought was wrong. The email replies from the leader of the audio society are pretty enlightening on what was going on. Instead of talking about ways to find out if the claims were true, the author was just threatened with expulsion for daring to speak his mind. Pretty revolting.

As ehoove pointed out, it is a one-sided report. I'm taking no sides, just asking, Who do you believe after a divorce?

See my reply above. What was more revealing was the reaction to his observations. I see many parallels on many of these threads.

As we all know ...
In this day-and-age, there are facts and alternative facts.
Not saying which is which.
Just that there seems to be more truth than ever before.

Back
Top Bottom