What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Chores done, dinner had, shower done; now I'm too exhausted to listen to vinyl or work on my listening room... :mad::rant::rant::mad:

I'm going to crack wise with you guys for awhile and maybe watch some YouTube videos and go to bed. This being working man, father, mother, nursemaid and handyman all by my lonesome is getting old.

Bleh!

GJ
Hang in there Brother. If I was closer I'd be there to give you a hand

It’s behind the redacted area. A small brushed stainless adhesive dot would work without looking too horrible. Or, I find someone parting out a GX-635D.

IMG_20180710_114009.jpg
I would just try to live with it the best you can. I think it looks stunning! Maybe a replacement piece might show up in the future.

2nd amp done, one of the pots seem to be quite dirty... I hit it with Deoxit but I'm still not able to get it set to "0". It's at .6/7 so it's in the 10% range it should be in, but I know it's the pot itself as I can get the meters to jump when I , move it, also I can get the speakers to generate some static through the switch itself. It looks to be sealed so I soaked it and it cleared up a bit... idle set to 36mv. I'll track down the part number tomorrow or Monday actually when I'm back at work and I'll order a new pot. There's also a few caps I can replace at that time so might as well swap all 4 pots on both amps... damn I need a garage and a bench.

2nd amp done, one of the pots seem to be quite dirty... I hit it with Deoxit but I'm still not able to get it set to "0". It's at .6/7 so it's in the 10% range it should be in, but I know it's the pot itself as I can get the meters to jump when I , move it, also I can get the speakers to generate some static through the switch itself. It looks to be sealed so I soaked it and it cleared up a bit... idle set to 36mv. I'll track down the part number tomorrow or Monday actually when I'm back at work and I'll order a new pot. There's also a few caps I can replace at that time so might as well swap all 4 pots on both amps... damn I need a garage and a bench.

IMG_5245.JPG

That's what has oozed out of that little pot so far...

Back
Top Bottom