How to tell if there are sharks in the water...

The straps on your wooden leg broke?

OR
You're too drunk to notice?

Last edited:
My answer to any question with a single correct "yes" answer has always been, "Does a shark fart bubbles?".
The obvious implication is that this only occurs if they are in water, and they live in water, so----- always, yes .

DasFpHRW0AADHZr.jpg

Last month I went wade fishing at the Secret Spot in Lemon Bay. I saw some disturbed water moving across the cove. I thought, good, its a little early for the redfish to school but hope springs eternal. When it got in front of me about 10 feet away, it was 5 feet of Bull Shark.

Fortunately he ignored my skinny wet suit clad legs.

As I remind people, the prior and current world record Hammerhead Sharks were caught a few miles north and south of Englewood beach.

what sharks bite and eat the most people: bull sharks.

where can you find bull sharks: water. salty or not.

So there were sharks in my parent's hot tub?
Eeew. I never thought that one through before.:confused:

As previously posted, bull sharks care not if the water is salty or not. A few years back, a bull shark was caught in Lake Monroe in Florida. Lake Monroe is around 250 miles from the ocean. The shark just followed the St. Johns River. A trick I have learned from actual experience is that, if you catch a shark and cut open its belly and clear the insides into the water, any shark in the area will disappear in a heart beat. I have seen this happen numerous times with blacktip sharks in the Gulf of Mexico. Blacktips are the common shark that make New Smyrna Beach the sharkbite capital of the U.S.

Last edited:
As previously posted, bull sharks care not if the water is salty or not. A few years back, a bull shark was caught in Lake Monroe in Florida. Lake Monroe is around 250 miles from the ocean. The shark just followed the St. Johns River. A trick I have learned from actual experience is that, if you catch a shark and cut open its belly and clear the insides into the water, any shark in the area will disappear in a heart beat. I have seen this happen numerous times with blacktip sharks in the Gulf of Mexico. Blacktips are the common shark that make New Smyrna Beach the sharkbite capital of the U.S.
we are planning a week family vacation around cape may/wildwood NJ for next summer as my MD born wife likes cape may and me, being from lo rent pittsburgh, frequented the beaches of wildwood. so we are planning the logistics of getting the camper there, towing a car and thot about the boat. we looked at all the inlets and channels and something and noticed when it is hot, no one is in the water just floating like we do at raystown. asked around: sharks see this as tasty treats. ok, so mebbe a boat rental one of the days...surely the cost is around the gas cost of towing chris almost 400 miles each way.....

I spent the Summers of my childhood on the beaches of Cape May near the old concrete ship and also on the Wildwood boardwalk. I hope you have a pleasant shark free vacation. There is very little if anything left of the concrete ship. Google will give you lots of background on it.

BTW, to answer the original question, in water that has large schools of small fish appear in it, it has a greater chance of attracting sharks than water that is free of baitfish. In Florida it usually is mullet. This is the reason that that area of Florida's beaches has a large population of sharks, blacktip being the most common variety. There are also bull sharks there and they are the one to really worry about. Bye the way, the main baitfish in Jersey shore is Menhaden, otherwise known as bunker.

yes and sharks pee in the ocean,ewww,lol.
They don't really fart do they , like Pio said ? I mean if they had gas building inside, their buoyancy would change all the time.

Maybe little auto farts.

:dunno:

BTW, to answer the original question, in water that has large schools of small fish appear in it, it has a greater chance of attracting sharks than water that is free of baitfish. In Florida it usually is mullet. This is the reason that that area of Florida's beaches has a large population of sharks, blacktip being the most common variety. There are also bull sharks there and they are the one to really worry about. Bye the way, the main baitfish in Jersey shore is Menhaden, otherwise known as bunker.

Very interesting contribution to the thread, but I feel the need to point out that the thread title isn't a question. It's 'here's how', not 'how do you' ?

I'm getting a kick out of the educational stuff, Bull Sharks and such. I'm willing to bet Bull Sharks prefer salt water, and return to the ocean after a certain period of fresh water exploring.

Back
Top Bottom