What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Still got my Discman. Not really portable. Will skip like crazy. Still sounds good. Used the line out to a lepai 2020. Can't remember the speakers. The epitome of a compact system. Very nice these Sony's are still ticking:)
View attachment 1233330

Mine plays flawlessly! Can't believe how good it sounds with my Grado headphones! This is my "Lazy Man" player. :D

Hey,
As I stated in previous posts, my project of e-bay purchases for vintage audio gear has come to an end. However, I just this minute placed my very final order of vintage equipment for the foreseeable future. Not for me though, it is for my brother as I am having it shipped to Nashville Tn. He lives in an apt and this is going to work perfect for him. I researched it and found the seller has history on e-bay since 1998 with 100% rating and a high quantity of receivers sold (seems his specialty.) He states this is one of his cleanest units and I believe him as this is an actual pic of what I just bought. It is my younger brothers exact receiver from 1980 when he was a mere 15 years old. He is going to freak when this baby shows up at his apt and he can relive those magical moments he spun his metal LP's. I am planting a seed in him to come back to the vinyl/vintage side. It is a Kenwood KR-710 receiver with a whopping 28 watts per channel. It is perfect for his apt and cherry condition. I remember it well, it is a high quality lil ole receiver and this one is pretty cherry! I did well for my bro tonight gang. It even comes in the OEM box! Nice shape that is too. No manual though, but can get that from vinyl engine.
s-l1600.jpg

Hey,
As I stated in previous posts, my project of e-bay purchases for vintage audio gear has come to an end. However, I just this minute placed my very final order of vintage equipment for the foreseeable future. Not for me though, it is for my brother as I am having it shipped to Nashville Tn. He lives in an apt and this is going to work perfect for him. I researched it and found the seller has history on e-bay since 1998 with 100% rating and a high quantity of receivers sold (seems his specialty.) He states this is one of his cleanest units and I believe him as this is an actual pic of what I just bought. It is my younger brothers exact receiver from 1980 when he was a mere 15 years old. He is going to freak when this baby shows up at his apt and he can relive those magical moments he spun his metal LP's. I am planting a seed in him to come back to the vinyl/vintage side. It is a Kenwood KR-710 receiver with a whopping 28 watts per channel. It is perfect for his apt and cherry condition. I remember it well, it is a high quality lil ole receiver and this one is pretty cherry! I did well for my bro tonight gang. It even comes in the OEM box! Nice shape that is too. No manual though, but can get that from vinyl engine.
s-l1600.jpg
Your a good brother E.B. I like the looks of that Kenny!

Hey,
s-l1600.jpg

Wonderful kindness

Hey,
s-l1600.jpg
Good going Dave , that looks real minty. He should really like it. :thumbsup:

Hey,
s-l1600.jpg
You don't know this, but I am your long lost baby brother too. I was stolen away from our family by gypsies shortly after being born
My first receiver was also a Kenwood. It was a Model Eleven III.
ce1cecec66b81a10a5a9fe52a51c1558.jpg

My shipping address will be sent to you in a pm shortly.

You don't know this, but I am your long lost baby brother too. I was stolen away from our family by gypsies shortly after being born
My first receiver was also a Kenwood. It was a Model Eleven.
1w7kd.jpg

My shipping address will be sent to you in a pm shortly.
:rflmao::rflmao:very sneaky:rflmao::rflmao:If I had that Model 11 I wouldn't even need to play music with it. I'd just stare and maybe drool

Your a good brother E.B. I like the looks of that Kenny!

Wonderful kindness

Good going Dave , that looks real minty. He should really like it. :thumbsup:

Thanks guys. I know how cool it is to have a piece of gear from the days of youth. It is even better when it works well and nice condition for the age. Nashville, from my understanding, has quite an outlet for the resurgence in vinyl. I am sure he can get a table there and have many record stores to browse through. We always had that bond. I am just honored that vinyl is back along with turntables and vintage gear so that I can have this opportunity to send him this. I texted him to be on the look out for something special next week and to consider it a very early birthday/x-mas present LOL.

Hey,
s-l1600.jpg
All kidding aside, David. That's a wonderful thing you're doing for your brother, and it's a lovely Kenwood.

Back
Top Bottom