What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

R-11754804-1521820411-2649.jpeg.jpg

Marvin Gaye / S.O.U.L. Volume 2
2011 Sony

This is the last "Live" performance by Marvin Gaye. Bought the CD at GW for only .79, it was clearanced.

I forgot to mention to the gang here. I went to the GW in Andover KS, about 15 min from home last weekend. They did not have even one piece of electronics, CD or vinyl. :(

I've all but given up on the idea of hardware from GW, but the CDs keep coming thick and fast. Today, I picked up 19. I haven't kept count, but it's my guess I've picked up around 250 in the last month, all from GW.

I forgot to mention to the gang here. I went to the GW in Andover KS, about 15 min from home last weekend. They did not have even one piece of electronics, CD or vinyl. :(

Sorry to hear that. Yeah, it's getting much harder to find audio stuff these days. I've been to some GW stores that didn't have any records. Most have them that I shop at. Get lucky with albums here and there. Can't believe how much classical albums have disappeared!

I've all but given up on the idea of hardware from GW, but the CDs keep coming thick and fast. Today, I picked up 19. I haven't kept count, but it's my guess I've picked up around 250 in the last month, all from GW.
Wow, 250 I one month! Awesome! :thumbsup:
Sorry to hear that. Yeah, it's getting much harder to find audio stuff these days. I've been to some GW stores that didn't have any records. Most have them that I shop at. Get lucky with albums here and there. Can't believe how much classical albums have disappeared!
I forget who mentioned it here, but they said GW is taking anything of value (HiFi) and selling it on Ebay. :( There are other GW's in Wichita and independent thrift stores that I'll eventually checkout.
Well that bites, might have to go to farther out. Witchita must have some deals on the go, or you would think so.
Yuppers! :thumbsup:

My GW has at least 300 cds as of Tuesday, when I was there last. I keep buying them and someone keeps donating. A fresh batch of cassettes too:) As for equipment,few and far between.

I don't have a "Walkman" but I do have a 1983 "Rockman". These were the guitarists version LOL. They literally sound like crap if you try to go into a guitar amp with it. It is made for the headphones, private practicing. It was a breakthrough as guitarists could practice for hours late @ night without bothering people and have a killer tone while at it. They sound good if going straight to a board, mic input of tape deck, just NOT a guitar amp. Strange, but that is how they rolled with that technology. By the way, this one is restored throughout, so should be good for another 35 years of practice LOL

rockman.JPG

Back
Top Bottom