Picked up Magnavox 8802 console

Tubeglowpio

Finally found a Magnavox stereo console in my area, paid more then I should have but it fit in the back of my car and worked to a point and had the stereo mpx decoder deal, turn table might be shot but haven't ruled it out and I have a backup in nice condition so may finally have a fully working Maggie in console form soon. Waiting for my wife to help me get it out of the car but I saw it was one of the 8802 6v6 pp amps so if anyone can hook me up with the schematic I would be grateful, pics to come soon.

Thanks guys, I'll have to check that thread out tonight. My cars battery light started staying on till I start driving so I think my battery is going bad, get this I go to autozone and they tell me its 100 percent charged but the battery is bad, I check their prices and the cheapest battery was about $180 so then I go to Walmart because I remembered my battery still has a couple months of warranty. They said they need an hr to charge the battery even though it was charged and make sure their reader says its bad or they wont replace it, so it doesn't matter if every other auto place says the battery is bad if their machine which could happen to be wrong ends up saying its good then they wont replace it. That's been the rest of my day. Anyways back to the Maggie, I've had the el84 amps before but not in console form and I've never owned a 6v6 amp so I'm excited to get this thing up to par. I did find a similar schematic which I believe is the correct one but would really like a service manual in pdf form if anyone happens to have one otherwise I'll have to check sams and spend 15-20 bucks just for the digital copy. My wife was not happy helping me get the thing into my shop, I'll be checking it out tonight or tomorrow night and will take some photos, there is something interesting about this console which someone might catch.

Not the best pics but it's kind of cramped and dark in my shop. I have another cabinet that is emptied out and was planning on putting one of my 8601 amps in but never found a good tuner for it. I'm tracking down a new idler wheel and cartridge and needle for this thing, have already ordered new tubes except the 6v6 outputs, dug out some new indicator bulbs and caps to restuff the can caps. Still need the service manual if anyone has one, I may have to get the sams but their were two versions when I looked, does anyone know the correct one?

Actually the screw on top holds an internal grounded shield in place along with the tabs that hold the cartridge. The cartridge just snaps out without having to take out the screw however, you can take out the screw and see how everything works and snaps together.

Actually the screw on top holds an internal grounded shield in place along with the tabs that hold the cartridge. The cartridge just snaps out without having to take out the screw however, you can take out the screw and see how everything works and snaps together.
so don't have to unscrew, and I snap it out? like pry it out from the front or the back?

Its kinda hard to explain but it will be all right if you just want to take out the screw. Everything will fall out in one piece so you can examine it. I have this same turntable but am unable to locate my camera at the moment. I'll be back to check in a couple of hours. Got other things to do first.

Its kinda hard to explain but it will be all right if you just want to take out the screw. Everything will fall out in one piece so you can examine it. I have this same turntable but am unable to locate my camera at the moment. I'll be back to check in a couple of hours. Got other things to do first.
if you could take a couple pics to demonstrate that would be awesome. So I have 3 of the s600 turntable and the one I would like to use has a ev26 cartridge but the one that's in the console right now may be like yours though, what needle and cart so I can look them up? I'll try to post pics of the carts later.

Hey Tubeglow....I lighted up your pic a little bit.
Amp looks nice and very clean!

View attachment 1234331
Thanks, it is pretty clean but does need a lot of work, new needle, new cart, new idler wheel, new caps, some new resistor, new lamps, new tubes maybe a new tweeter/midrange. This thing will cost me some time and money but I have been wanting one of these for years now. Sure will be sweet when it's fully restored though. Does anyone know if the aux is for the tape inputs? A phone should be able to drive that correct? Not familiar with reel to reel gear.

Phone, reel to reel, cassette, cd player, are all line level. Tape in and aux are line level inputs so all should work fine.

Phone, reel to reel, cassette, cd player, are all line level. Tape in and aux are line level inputs so all should work fine.
That's what I was hoping for. They need to make a cheap but good Bluetooth receiver for audio, would be great for these consoles.

Back
Top Bottom