Tekton Owners Thread

Now that you had some time with the Line Magnetic LM-211ia, can you give us some feedback and impressions? Since I have the same speakers, I'd love to hear what your experience has been with this pairing. Please let us know :)

I've been very pleased with the pairing. There are two areas of significant improvement over the Brio-R: 1. Sound is now pushed much more forward into the room--giving music a much more present, rich, enveloping sound. 2.Taming of high frequency grain/edge.The two improvements are related as the speakers were always on the verge of being shouty to my ears. This is no longer the case.

The Brio-R was a lively, quick amp that could really swing. Drums always stood out (in a good way) to me with the Brio-R paired with the Lore Reference. The LM-211-ia gives up some speed to the Brio-R, but it just sounds more natural to me. Decay and detail has improved with the 211. No one thing stands out with the 211. It's a musical amp that I want to listen to for hours.

Happy to answer questions if you have them.

The Pendragons are back in for a second round. I've been using them for surround sound for awhile now so i'm thinking they are good and broken in :)

So far so good, love the tweeters. Really really smooth highs. My only issue is I think they are too big for the room, they deserve more room to breath. Maybe I'll order a set of the OB's.

36904514_2243381772345565_1414366304332152832_o.jpg

So far so good, love the tweeters. Really really smooth highs. My only issue is I think they are too big for the room, they deserve more room to breath. Maybe I'll order a set of the OB's.

View attachment 1231589

Talk to Eric before you order the OBs.
I too was really interested in them so I called him and he explained that they need to have at least 36" clearance on both sides which I did not have.
That's why I went with the Enzo XLs and I love them.

Hello Fellow Tektonians, Just thought I'd give an update on My Double Impacts. I had a few criticisms in the beginning, I felt highs were not as crisp as my Lores and that bass response was a bit loose with some recordings. Well after 2 years and a bit of downstream upgrading I find performance UNBELEVABLY GOOD! Turns out my room needed treatment, and some more experimenting with placement. Also they just took forever to break in. I work full time and have very little opportunity to really let them run in. I really like these speakers with more powerful amps. My flea powered tube amps have more finesse and were great with the Lore's, but just cant cut it despite sensitivity with the DI's. I cant say I've heard better speakers at 3k, I know some reviews of them besting speakers costing far more seems questionable but I can say its not out of line. Now its time to save for some Ulfberht's!

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    52.1 KB · Views: 33
I think these comments describe my experience really well

"some more experimenting with placement"

"took forever to break in"

Putting my Pendragons into HT use for a couple months really did the trick for break in. I came extremely close to just sending them back. Now I am really happy I didn't. I had them up to 102 db at 3 meters with Sabbath Ironman earlier today and they sounded GREAT :)

Hello Fellow Tektonians, Just thought I'd give an update on My Double Impacts. I had a few criticisms in the beginning, I felt highs were not as crisp as my Lores and that bass response was a bit loose with some recordings. Well after 2 years and a bit of downstream upgrading I find performance UNBELEVABLY GOOD! Turns out my room needed treatment, and some more experimenting with placement. Also they just took forever to break in. I work full time and have very little opportunity to really let them run in. I really like these speakers with more powerful amps. My flea powered tube amps have more finesse and were great with the Lore's, but just cant cut it despite sensitivity with the DI's. I cant say I've heard better speakers at 3k, I know some reviews of them besting speakers costing far more seems questionable but I can say its not out of line. Now its time to save for some Ulfberht's!
How do you find the Freya with those? I know Jason has said that because of thr higher gain that a Saga might be best with high efficiency speakers.

Putting my Pendragons into HT use for a couple months really did the trick for break in. I came extremely close to just sending them back. Now I am really happy I didn't. I had them up to 102 db at 3 meters with Sabbath Ironman earlier today and they sounded GREAT :)

Great taste in music! I'll be jamming some high def Sabbath tonight.

How do you find the Freya with those? I know Jason has said that because of thr higher gain that a Saga might be best with high efficiency speakers.

I had a bad experience with the Freya and Schitt. Freya is noisy. Shitt's customer service is like their name. My self built Transcendent sound Masterpiece puts the Freya to shame.

I'm glad you didn't send them back c6bill. They really are amazing speakers and a bargain too.

Oddly I never really experienced any sound change over time. Or if I did it was so gradual I didn't notice it.

These speakers with good upstream gear and source material can do amazing things. I listened to Iron man on vinyl the other night at probably 95db and they sounded effortless.

Great taste in music! I'll be jamming some high def Sabbath tonight.

I had a bad experience with the Freya and Schitt. Freya is noisy. Shitt's customer service is like their name. My self built Transcendent sound Masterpiece puts the Freya to shame.
Yeah, that's what jason said too, that the Freya would sound noisy. Transcendent gear is nice.

Back
Top Bottom