NOS Fisher 500S

I was watching it too. It’s local, but even the starting bid was a little rich for my blood. Still, I was hoping to place a bid right at the opening price and be the only bidder..

No such luck. :(

Was watching that, went for 1425.00 and more than I would of paid. Hope a AKer got it.
Yeah, you might say it's going to be in the (AK) Fisher museum and be preserved Al. :) Timing was perfect since I recently sold a few unused pieces that funded this. Who would think you can still find something like this laying in storage anymore. Hopefully others can chime in and explain this model in full, briefly looked at the schematic and noticed no rectifier tube like the TA-600. I did notice a single bias adjustment, and understand it has mono FM like the TA.

Saw that one man I wish I had that kind of estate sale luck. Definitely want to see that one cleaned up and running.

Yeah, you might say it's going to be in the (AK) Fisher museum and be preserved Al. :) Timing was perfect since I recently sold a few unused pieces that funded this. Who would think you can still find something like this laying in storage anymore. Hopefully others can chime in and explain this model in full, briefly looked at the schematic and noticed no rectifier tube like the TA-600. I did notice a single bias adjustment, and understand it has mono FM like the TA.

Yeah simulcast era receiver the AM and FM could be used at the same time and early stereo was done by having an AM station and FM station each broadcasting. You can get FM stereo by getting an old multiplex adapter and using the mpx jacks and switching the selector to mpx.

Saw that one man I wish I had that kind of estate sale luck. Definitely want to see that one cleaned up and running.

Yeah simulcast era receiver the AM and FM could be used at the same time and early stereo was done by having an AM station and FM station each broadcasting. You can get FM stereo by getting an old multiplex adapter and using the mpx jacks and switching the selector to mpx.
I have a Fisher MPX unit that I picked up a few years back to use with my TA 600 and TA 800, it seldom gets used though since I very rarely listen to radio.

I have a Fisher MPX unit that I picked up a few years back to use with my TA 600 and TA 800, it seldom gets used though since I very rarely listen to radio.

Yeah it really helps to have quality radio stations. There's a couple around Dallas that are actually pretty good as far as content which is pretty much the only reason I continue to listen to radio.

A hi fi time capsule if ever there was one. Personally I would never touch it or attempt to use such an example - but that's me.

Congratulations. It is a treasure.

For Steve's next Magic Trick.........a complete, pristine, 61 President console.
Getting about to the point you need an addition on the house, aren't ya. LOL! FISHER WING!

I'll let Red in on this one.

Honestly, I will probably not use it, but want to document what I can and display it with all my other Fisher examples. Too bad the manuals are missing from what I can tell.

Yeah it really helps to have quality radio stations. There's a couple around Dallas that are actually pretty good as far as content which is pretty much the only reason I continue to listen to radio.
I have such a large collection of albums and cd's that having crap stations here doesn't matter. They have around 50 songs they play over and over.

Honestly, I will probably not use it, but want to document what I can and display it with all my other Fisher examples. Too bad the manuals are missing from what I can tell.

Very strange the manuals are missing under the circumstances.

Cannot agree more with the decision to use it for display purposes only.

I have such a large collection of albums and cd's that having crap stations here doesn't matter. They have around 50 songs they play over and over.

There's an NPR station around here that plays a huge range of music from early Bob Dylan, to XTC, to Leon Bridges. They also have some interesting shows on the weekend and late at night tend to hear a lot of new stuff. Usually try to catch Live From Here when it comes on Sunday mornings.

Gorgeous piece. I was watching it... I'd be afraid to start putting miles on it... they don't get more NOS than this

No manuals were found in the box according to the seller, that's a shame as far as having all original documents to go with it.

Back
Top Bottom