A poor man's version of cheap power

Nice! good bang for the buck good looking rear ends. What about for cheap speakers and cheap sources?

Right now Facebook marketplace and craigslist are still good sources

speakers?
Cambridge Soundworks Tower series
Klipsch RF series
Boston Acoustics VR 2 and 3 towers only
and if you have to, Sony SS series
Also Yamaha towers are good deals as well... great full sound for TV and music

Yep, been doing that for a long time.. poor man's power aint no shit.. they go so cheap sometimes. I bought a few duds too though, sometimes I wish I spend some good coin on a rotel pre and amp by now. Hard to unload the damn things too, I have a big ass Pioneer vsx-49txi I love, but the rest could go.

What models are they? I can make out the Yamaha V-something, and the Denon AVR-3808CI, but I can't make out the top one.

Big AVRs can indeed be picked up cheaply.

Yes, but sometimes "cheap" ain't cheap. I bought what seemed a bargain on Crapbay - an NAD 3140 integrated amplifier for just $75. That was the good news. A complete work-over including all new caps and power supply cost over $500. However, it was worth it- the sound (via another bargain) Dual 505 deck and my circa 1975 Micro Acoustic speakers produces - for my ears, wonderful sound

Yep, been doing that for a long time.. poor man's power aint no shit.. they go so cheap sometimes. I bought a few duds too though, sometimes I wish I spend some good coin on a rotel pre and amp by now. Hard to unload the damn things too, I have a big ass Pioneer vsx-49txi I love, but the rest could go.
i've got the vsx-1017tvk an love it!!!

I was at the GW a couple weeks ago and saw a guy at the checkout counter with a BIG old Yamaha amp, powerful for sure, which 'looked' in really great shape.

It stopped me in my tracks... $25. Couldn't believe it really. WoW.

That was a 'CRANKER' from the old days. Yamaha's were highly desired amps new.

Good for him!! :) Great find!!

Back
Top Bottom