Kenwood L-07T VS Technics ST-9030

PabloTincho

Can you guys tell me what is the better tuner?

I was offered a L-07T for $75 and Technics ST-9030 for $150, which one should I get ?

thanks for your time

I've never tried either of them but I'd get the Kenwood. $75 sounds like an excellent price, assuming it's in good condition and working order.

Get the Kenwood, it is regarded as one of the finer tuners ever made. And I am not knocking the excellent Technics choice either.

et the Kenwood, it is regarded as one of the finer tuners ever made. And I am not knocking the excellent Technics choice either.

Agree.. Think the Kenwood may be better build quality and have more potential than the Technics. Very nice prices especially on the Kenwood.

Are we talking about the L-02T? The 7 sold for 1/5 the 2 at one point.

I looked up the Technics ST-9030 seller at US Audio Mart. The seller list the Technics ST-9030 condition as "10 mint", but said that the tuner cannot "caption" any station. I asked him what that mean a few days ago. If the tuner receives no station, it cannot be a 10. I have not received an answer yet.

I owned an ST-9030 about 15 yrs ago. I has an 8 gang front end which includes a 2 gang balanced oscillator. Not an easy unit to align if you ever needed to.

I have a Mitsubishi Da-F20 and next week the Kenwood L-07T, both tuners are going to need some work, which one is better overall ?

I have a Mitsubishi Da-F20 and next week the Kenwood L-07T, both tuners are going to need some work, which one is better overall ?

L-07T or L-07T II?

The II has a pulse count detector... But the F20 has a nice LC Wide IF which I think tend to sound better. Fidelity and acoustics I would probable give the nod to the F20. RF performance and over all measurements would probably go to the L-07.

L-07T or L-07T II?

The II has a pulse count detector... But the F20 has a nice LC Wide IF which I think tend to sound better. Fidelity and acoustics I would probable give the nod to the F20. RF performance and over all measurements would probably go to the L-07.

It is jut the L-07T, the tuner is going to you

I just got the tuner, in the back it has a switch 50us and 25us, does it mean i have an europen model ?
You have a European version of this tuner.

50us is the standard needed for accurate de-emphasis of European FM broadcasts.

25us was a standard intended to be utilized for Dolby FM broadcasts, but Dolby FM never gained mass market acceptance. This format is even deader than IBOC (Idiots Broadcasting Over-hyped Crap!) :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

The de-emphasis standard here in the US is 75us. For accurate sound your Kenwood L-07T is going to need to visit a tech who can change the de-emphasis to 75us. :thumbsup:

You have a European version of this tuner.

50us is the standard needed for accurate de-emphasis of European FM broadcasts.

25us was a standard intended to be utilized for Dolby FM broadcasts, but Dolby FM never gained mass market acceptance. This format is even deader than IBOC (Idiots Broadcasting Over-hyped Crap!) :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

The de-emphasis standard here in the US is 75us. For accurate sound your Kenwood L-07T is going to need to visit a tech who can change the de-emphasis to 75us. :thumbsup:

Thanks to you I got a Yamaha T-85, becasue of the discussion on fmtuner group

Thanks to you I got a Yamaha T-85, becasue of the discussion on fmtuner group
I recommend that anyone purchasing a used vintage budget for an alignment and a general going through by the technician you choose.

The T85 I bought was a real sow’s ear and barely functional, but it was almost cosmetically perfect. When Mike Williams worked his magic on this tuner, it was transformed into the best tuner ever to grace my system. :banana: :banana:

As always, YMMV. :D

I recommend that anyone purchasing a used vintage budget for an alignment and a general going through by the technician you choose.

The T85 I bought was a real sow’s ear and barely functional, but it was almost cosmetically perfect. When Mike Williams worked his magic on this tuner, it was transformed into the best tuner ever to grace my system. :banana: :banana:

As always, YMMV. :D

Mine is also going to Mike Williams for a tune up, Is your T-85 your best tuner so far ?

Back
Top Bottom