Lg Awesomeness

manu et deo

I'm loving it!
Subscriber
Just picked up an LG G7 today, and although I've not hooked it up to my stereo at home yet driving today in my truck I have heard possibly the best sound from Spotify I have yet to experience. It has a 32-bit quad DAC and Aptx HD Bluetooth and just plain sounds awesome.

Just picked up an LG G7 today, and although I've not hooked it up to my stereo at home yet driving today in my truck I have heard possibly the best sound from Spotify I have yet to experience. It has a 32-bit quad DAC and Aptx HD Bluetooth and just plain sounds awesome.
I’ve heard great things about the Dac in the g7, a friend of mine just got the v30 I hear it has a great Dac also , curious to know what you think of it hooked up to your system.

Audiofreak71

Spent some time with this phone and my headphones and main system, it just plain rocks!
I have just the Spotify app thur the Xbox in my HT and from PC to the dac in my Halo p5 and I think this is the best Spotify has sounded IMO.

I have the V20. The way this performs with my higher impedance AKG headphones is unreal for a cellphone. I love listening to Tidal and Spotify with this thing.

I wish LG was better with software updates. This phone is still on 7.0. The 8.0 update is supposed to remedy an issue where the DAC automatically up-samples everything .

Apparently 2 DACs out of 4 are disabled by default in settings on this phone. Make sure to enable all 4 for the best SQ.

The DAC and headphone amp are the reason I've owned the LG v10, v20, and now v30. It's been good enough that I overlooked the myriad of issues the v10 and v20 had. So far the v30 has been great, but I've only had it for 6 months.

My v10 suffered from really short battery life, and bootloop issues. Had it replaced under warranty twice in 1.5 years. My v20 had really short battery life, and screen burn in, replaced under warranty once in 1.5 years. My wife's g5 had battery expansion, thing expanded like a balloon.

The DAC and headphone amp are the reason I've owned the LG v10, v20, and now v30. It's been good enough that I overlooked the myriad of issues the v10 and v20 had. So far the v30 has been great, but I've only had it for 6 months.

My v10 suffered from really short battery life, and bootloop issues. Had it replaced under warranty twice in 1.5 years. My v20 had really short battery life, and screen burn in, replaced under warranty once in 1.5 years. My wife's g5 had battery expansion, thing expanded like a balloon.

I have a 6600mAh extended battery. Things a beast and it extends tee usability well into the next day on a charge and maybe beyond. The stock battery on the V20 tho is trash.

The sound quality of my LG-v30+ comes unbelievably close to the sound quality of my Meridian Explorer2 24/192 USB DAC. The Meridian Explorer2 has a more laid back organic sound. The Sabre seems to have a more precise clinical like sound. The ESS Sabre 9318P Soc Quad-DAC plays 24bit/352kHz Hi-Res audio from TIDAL for up to TWO DAYS in battery save mode until needing quick charged.
6601836D-9A30-41FE-8AAA-194EB567B49B.jpeg

The LG phone is used ONLY for streaming audio. I use my lightweight vintage Sennheiser PX-100 v.1 headphones for the most part because they are comfortable to wear while sleeping, and that’s where the LG gets the most use.
1B25BA57-1EEA-4925-8DD0-90AA64C0B62C.jpeg

I Place the LG-v30+ on my nightstand, replacing my huge laptop, press play an listen to Hi-Res streaming music while I dream.
B8841D62-4A78-4613-AB1F-91E6A6D56C08.jpeg

The LG-V30+ 128GB smartphone has to be the best value going for a portable DAP. They can be purchased for as little as $100 online. I purchased an app called “USB Audio PRO player” that tells the bit-depth, sampling frequency, bit-rate, and file type (DSD, MP3,AAC, FLAC,MQA).
4857C545-8F70-48C5-8E3C-B63A8057B22A.jpeg

The phone case has a ring attached to aid in holding and use as a kickstand.
1D7B23D8-0AF2-4937-B019-F11C89D3B7D9.jpeg

I also purchased a 3.5mm headphone adapter dongle to trick the Quad-DAC that you are connected to high impedance headphones, thus utilizing all four DACs for the ultimate sound.
236B1DFD-E411-4E9E-AC4C-1A4C0EAF483B.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm pretty new here, just getting back into audio after a lot of years.
I recently got a G8 - I was due for a new phone & after seeing the raves about LG audio I went to the Verizon store for a test drive.
Was blown away by difference the DAC makes and got a G8 while they had a deal going on them.
regards
BT

I'm pretty new here, just getting back into audio after a lot of years.
I recently got a G8 - I was due for a new phone & after seeing the raves about LG audio I went to the Verizon store for a test drive.
Was blown away by difference the DAC makes and got a G8 while they had a deal going on them.
regards
BT
Yes the LG-G8 is probably one of the best values in Android flagship smartphones. The ESS SABRE DAC can’t be beat by any other smartphone on the market!

Enjoy the Music :beerchug:

Something I just discovered today is an FREE app called “Spectroid”. A graphic spectrum display for your Android phone. Spectroid Displays the music coming out of your phone as well as being able to display sound using the phone’s stereo microphones. It is very fast and accurate and beats looking at the same boring cover art.

36286498-4E5F-4A07-B9D1-1951221D162D.jpeg
In app settings you can check the box “stay awake” and the app will not dim or go into sleep mode when using it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom