New Q Acoustics 3020i!

So far I Really like these, they have the openness of the Concept 20 and much deeper bass extension...the vinyl wrap is the best I've seen...these have the potential to be very special and to drop the end game gauntlet at this price, more break in, listening and reporting to come....

I look forward to your impressions. I have the 3050 and think it is a fantastic speaker. I'm contemplating the newer "I" version.

I look forward to your impressions. I have the 3050 and think it is a fantastic speaker. I'm contemplating the newer "I" version.
I had the 3050 to for about 8 months I liked them, but I never quite loved them, I think they are really voiced for a big room, 1 great thing about them is they are nearly budget level horn type efficient. In the end I missed the Concept 20, but I feel the 3050i will be a significant step forward considering it has all the Concept 500 cabinet technique's outside of the gelcore, this all bodes very well for the upcoming Concept 20i and 40i....

I had the 3050 to for about 8 months I liked them, but I never quite loved them, I think they are really voiced for a big room, 1 great thing about them is they are nearly budget level horn type efficient. In the end I missed the Concept 20, but I feel the 3050i will be a significant step forward considering it has all the Concept 500 cabinet technique's outside of the gelcore, this all bodes very well for the upcoming Concept 20i and 40i....
They are 92 db efficient, so they can work with smaller wattage amps. My room is a 10x13x10(h) and they suit the room perfectly to me. I know they are not perfect, I know one of their shortcomings is they do not do heavy rock music too well. You start to hear the limits of the 3050s with that type of music. They are not party, rock out type of speakers like Klipsch or CV. I do not listen to too much of that type of music as I used to so I am not too concerned about. I am awaiting to read some reviews of the 3050i and then I'll decide if the upgrade is worth it.

In the meantime, I hope you enjoy the 3020i and I'll be interested in your impression of it.

Back
Top Bottom