Calling All Yamahas. Time to Post Your Pics

It's not a vintage tank, but it's pretty nice, especially for the $35 I paid for it. Bought it thinking a series of white/silver blemishes on the faceplate were dings that I could fill in with a Sharpie. Turned out to just be stuck-on crud. A quick but hardly thorough cleaning and it looks great. The volume and input knobs are very scratched up but they'll probably buff out just fine. I didn't really *need* it, but come on, $35.

Like the scope I just bought for $200 that I'll never have time to use.Local to me and too good to pass up.

Tek 2465, 300Mhz. Passes diag calibration and bright.

I have a 2445 100mhz that has served me well .

A 2246A as welll...For the other bench.

Last edited:
British speakers and Yamaha amplification are the peanut butter and jelly of the audio world as far as I'm concerned.

There's a later revision of the 770 that is one of the coolest looking speakers of all-time IMO

mission+770+freedom+side.JPG

British speakers and Yamaha amplification are the peanut butter and jelly of the audio world as far as I'm concerned.

Now that you mentioned it, I've been using the Yamaha P2200 amp on the newly acquired set of Tannoys and it's audio bliss! ...but Yamaha on Yamaha is usually great, too.
Here are some NS-1000MM hooked up to a CR-620 (computer desk setup), but I've had them running off of the P2200 as well and they are awesome speakers.
Smallest Yamaha 3 ways? (10.75" high)

Last edited:

Got this little beastie today for $10 in the original box, all accessories except the dust cover, looking practically brand new. I'm thinking it must have been part of a rack system that never got used, the box was opened but there's barely a fingerprint or speck of dust on it. It had a weird hum but I'm thinking the ground cable must've had a short in it after being coiled up in the box all those years. I rigged up another ground cable and the hum disappeared.

The automatic function sort of works correctly but it doesn't pick up the tonearm high enough when you hit the play/stop button so I have to pick it up with the lifter. There must be some mechanism that connects the play/stop button to the lifter that's not working right - the lift mechanism itself works fine. Speed seems good. There's no counterweight or anti-skate but there's also no indication that I would need either of those things, it must all be set up from the factory

It sounds, well....it sounds like a cheap turntable. Not hollow and echoey like I thought it might, considering it's all plastic. But there's some sibilance. I don't know if that's just because it's a cheap/lightweight table or the lack of antiskate, or some other damn thing.

Looks like a typical P-mount table, most of which use pre-weighted cartridges and VTF and anti-skate are factory set. I’ve got a couple of Technics tables and, they’re not TOTL, but they perform their duties and don’t cause hassles. Hope you get your lift problem worked out. There’s probably an adjustment that can correct it.

Back
Top Bottom