What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Agreed... Foo’s have been the loudest I’ve been to. And tied with Eric Church for the best I’ve been to. I know, I know... two complete genres, but damn I love both of them:rockon:
I think the loudest peak SPLs I've heard would be the cannons at the finale of 1812 Overture at an outdoor Utah Symphony concert 3 years ago. Big pieces, not the popguns they use inside the concert hall. The cannoneers took a bow onstage afterwards, a bunch of old scruffy guys who reminded me of me. Cannon junkies.

I think the loudest peak SPLs I've heard would be the cannons at the finale of 1812 Overture at an outdoor Utah Symphony concert 3 years ago. Big pieces, not the popguns they use inside the concert hall. The cannoneers took a bow onstage afterwards, a bunch of old scruffy guys who reminded me of me. Cannon junkies.
Few things can top the SPL of a cannon firing, except maybe a Saturn V rocket on takeoff.
Loudest cannon I ever heard was a M109 Paladin 155mm howitzer at a Fort Knox gunnery range.
No wonder armor guys are often deaf later in life.
Grandpa once said the loudest he ever heard were the guns on a battleship during WW2, and he heard alot of cannon fire in that war.

Few things can top the SPL of a cannon firing, except maybe a Saturn V rocket on takeoff.
Loudest cannon I ever heard was a M109 Paladin 155mm howitzer at a Fort Knox gunnery range.
No wonder armor guys are often deaf later in life.
Grandpa once said the loudest he ever heard were the guns on a battleship during WW2, and he heard alot of cannon fire in that war.

I like stoking up the Mercury Living Presence 1812. That has some respectable artillery.

Unfortunately back in those days I travelled with a soft duffel bag otherwise I would have brought more stuff back but no way it would have made it intact. Still there are a few vinyl 45 EP’s that survived the journeys more because of the softer UK album covers which allowed some bending
The record buyer I mentioned worked for a major indie record shop in the D.C. area which just happened to be a stones throw from my house. He flew over to Europe with an agenda to bring back the best and most scarce vinyl possible.

This is Holocaust's first recording. Their debut EP.

Holocaust ~ Heavy Metal Mania
1980 Phoenix Record & Filmworks 12 PSP-1

https://www.discogs.com/Hölöcäust-Heavy-Metal-Mania/master/229847
004.jpg

I knew a couple of guys with Revox decks when i was in my teens. They were like this ultimate stereo thing when you would go over to listen to tunes. I was content with my humble HK1000 cassette deck
I like the old top loaders. This HK1000 came to me free from an AKer. I got it working properly. I have it set up for rack mounting. When the rack is ready it will be deployed.

rps20180720_222209.jpg rps20180720_222121.jpg rps20180720_222612.jpg

I like the old top loaders. This HK1000 came to me free from an AKer. I got it working properly. I have it set up for rack mounting. When the rack is ready it will be deployed.

View attachment 1239670 View attachment 1239671 View attachment 1239673
I loved that deck. It was my first cassette deck and I taped album after album and Westwood concerts on it. The Teacs and Nak's that followed were better but nothing to me was cooler than that piece of equipment

Back
Top Bottom