What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Bought that as soon as it was released. Played it daily for at least a month.
Eric spent a lot of time making this LP and it shows as it is a masterpiece. I was at the Austin Opry House back in 1990 as Joe Satriani was playing to support his Blue Dream LP. Eric Johnson was there (this place was mostly a standing room concert hall) standing back by the mixing board. I noticed him there. I had met him a couple of times at my guitar teacher's house. I knew he would not remember me, but I told my friends I was going to talk to him and they laughed. He had an entourage with him but nobody was talking to him. I went up and said "hey Eric". He immediately looked at me like "geez, finally someone is going to talk to me" He was so gracious. He immediately turned his head to Joe on stage and said "isn't he good?" I agreed, and them threw in "Ya, and your new Ah Via Musicom I am hearing on the radio is killer Eric" He smiled and thanked me. I don't think he remembered our meetings @ Richard's House, but it was one of those "what a killer memory to have and take to my grave!" ............."

Back
Top Bottom