Today's JAZZ playlist

I'm actually too burnt out to choose any more Jazz today. Sad but true. I don't even have the ambition to do any Jazz reading. I'll just let terrestrial Jazz radio do the driving today. I'll cap the day off with Dr. Jazz @WHYR in Baton Rouge at 4 PM Eastern.

Now;
WUCF Orlando Jack Simpson's "Jazz On The Beach"

Do you have a thread somewhere else about the progress? If so post the link please. But if not I would love to see the entire room and all the associated gear. I am a tube and horn man and I love the old Klipsch gear. That kg series was pretty great. As far as my long-term goals go, I am still on the fence as to whether I want to finish with Klipsch horns or E-stats.

No thread...yet. Might start one once I make a bit more progress. It’s an old (1914), three car garage with sliding barn doors and 12-14 foot vaulted ceilings. I more or less got the green light recently to transition it from garage/redneck storage to mainly be a listening room but it’s still a disaster area.

The only Klipsch I own are Fortes and these KG2s and neither pair are going anywhere. I love them both. The current incarnation of Return Of The Son Of The Garage System is AT/MCS-Akai-Klipsch.

2B25CCAB-4348-4B8B-8039-1C39BD7BFD1A.jpeg

Edit:

This little Akai GXC-39D top loader came with the Akai AA-1050 and I kinda dig it. It needs some work still.

21D4A650-5BBB-4C16-8918-E32B285B69FB.jpeg

E19D9D6D-8550-4E92-957D-13DFCA887035.jpeg

Last edited:
No thread...yet. Might start one once I make a bit more progress. It’s an old (1914), three car garage with sliding barn doors and 12-14 foot vaulted ceilings. I more or less got the green light recently to transition it from garage/redneck storage to mainly be a listening room but it’s still a disaster area.

The only Klipsch I own are Fortes and these KG2s and neither pair are going anywhere. I love them both. The current incarnation of Return Of The Son Of The Garage System is AT/MCS-Akai-Klipsch.

View attachment 1240091

Oh my yes, 1000 times yes. That space is amazing. I would love to have a similar space for my man cave listening pleasure. You can do wonders in there, or do nothing and it still would be OK for your listening pleasure (as you know).

Please keep us posted.

Gerry Mulligan at The Village Vanguard

IMG_20180721_140139.jpg

iOS users and Android users with DLNA take note;

Staples Warehouse Shipping is blowing out the Varo line of WiFi Speakers that are similar to Sonos. These are amazing speakers, and now they are dirt cheap. I have used the slim, packable Sidekick speakers from Varo on trips and they are truly amazing in a hotel room or outside (they are water resistant). My last trip to NYC, those Sidekick speakers saved my life. True stereo HiFi in the room with honest room-filling high fidelity. For the home, their CUBE speakers (with attachable sub woofer) are also amazing, as is their VIBE speaker system. With the VARO App, you can set these up for TRUE Stereo, and multi-room stereo casting just like Sonos. I'm not saying these replace your vintage HiFi system, but these sound amazing, make it easy to stream from your iPhone or iPad (and sort of easy from a Droid with the App). But now, for these blowout prices, they are a steal. Especially if you get the cube/subwoofer system. Although I think the VIBE speakers are amazing for the home as well. It depends on how much bass you really want/need. If you are a hearty bass lover, then you need the Cube/Subwoofer combo. Otherwise, I prefer the Vibe speakers. For iOS users, these are a no-brainer to pick up at this bargain basement price, but you can also use them via Droid, although not as easily nor completely as iOS. Apple Airplay just makes WiFi streaming to speakers too easy.

If you are not familiar, these are WiFi Streaming speakers. You need a network connection, then you stream via Airplay (Apple) or DLNA (Droid) lossless to them via your network over WiFi. These speakers also do Bluetooth, but I do not know if you can stereo mirror them via Bluetooth. I didn't buy them for Bluetooth I bought them for multi-room WiFi lossless Streaming. Certainly you can't do mult-room streaming via Bluetooth. You need WiFi streaming for that. I believe the Varo app supports 4 sets of stereo speakers (8 speakers total) for simultaneous streaming (if I remember it correctly)

If you have iOS, you can obviously stream anything to them via Airplay. With the App on your Droid, you can stream iHeart Radio, Spotify PREMIUM and Tidal. But that's about it. I do not know if a DLNA app will allow you to WiFi stream anything the same as you can with Airplay and iOS.

You can view the blowout sales prices HERE ON STAPLES WEBSITE. Free shipping. At regular price, they are a great value, but at these super low blowout prices form Staples, they are a steal. Like 1/8th the cost of Sonos.
For example, the VIBE speaker is being blown out at $19.95. I've seen it as high as $149, so a huge deep discount blow out sale at just under 20 bucks.

The only Varo WiFi speakers I'd NOT buy on Staples.com are the portable SideKick speakers. AMAZON is blowing them out for $19.95 EACH HERE
I like them for travel or in a damp location like outdoors or in the basement. I'd opt for the VIBE or Cube/Subwoofer combo at home.

All other Varo WiFi Speakers are WAY cheaper on Staples.com. Especially the Subwoofers and the Vibe. Amazingly cheap prices.

Sidekick on Amazon
A1%2B68xtqz1L._SL1500_.jpg

Cube and Sub Woofer (the Cube snaps on top of the subwoofer or can be used without the woofer) at Staples.com
81jYINjkYeL._SL1500_.jpg

81HUUE0VN4L._SL1500_.jpg
918oUwMQRRL._SL1500_.jpg

The Vibe speakers Staples.com
91nOgQRzuoL._SL1500_.jpg

At these blowout prices, I ordered two subwoofers, two cubes to snap on the top of the woofers, and two vibe speakers. That will take care of all rooms but the bedroom. I'll use the Sidekicks I already have for the bedroom.

No affiliation. Just thought I'd pass on this blowout sale.

I’m interested in these for an upcoming trip. Just want to make sure I understand. With my iPad, a WiFi connection and, say, Apple Music, I can run the vibe speaker and it sounds pretty good, correct? Should I use two speakers?

Back
Top Bottom