Longmire (Netflix)

Bobcat

Sound Hound
I’m about 5 episodes in to the first season (is there more than one?).
Really enjoying it and it’s fun to see what recognizable actor/actress appears next. Fun series.

Really enjoying it and it’s fun to see what recognizable actor/actress appears next. Fun series.
We've been waiting for it's return to no avail it seems.

There are six seasons, they pretty much wrapped it all up in the last episode so I don't think it;s coming back. Excellent show.

Absaroka County one area you don't want to live in, too many murders.

:biggrin:

Each season better than the one before it IMO. It starts our good and ends great.

Hard to believe Robert Taylor (also of The Matrix) is an Aussie too -

taylor.jpg

This series is one of my favorites. I have read that a movie was being considered. I hope so.

Me 2.:thumbsup:

Longmire kinda reminds me of old Marshall Mat Dillon from "Gunsmoke", cept I don't think Mat had got into the the booze before like Longmire did...but got to give the marshall from this series credit for clearing up his act for the most part.

Most of the characters are believable, each with their own set of idiosyncrasies to deal with in this TV series as most people have in real life.

Q

Most of the characters are believable, each with their own set of idiosyncrasies to deal with in this TV series as most people have in real life.

My wife & I watched all seasons earlier this year. It was the characters that kept us coming back, these were real people. And there were some really amazing performances too. Zah McClarnon as Matthias was superb. He started out as not much but as his role expanded his talent showed. The real surprise (for me) was Lou Diamond Phillips though. Never really thought of him as able to carry any weight but he certainly did in Longmire.

I just knew folks would come out of the woodwork if I started a thread on this!

6 seasons?! Yess!

L Diamond P has intrigued me in past performances but he's really nailed this one.

Please keep in mind that I'm just starting the series so, please, no spoilers!

My wife & I watched all seasons earlier this year. It was the characters that kept us coming back, these were real people. And there were some really amazing performances too. Zah McClarnon as Matthias was superb. He started out as not much but as his role expanded his talent showed. The real surprise (for me) was Lou Diamond Phillips though. Never really thought of him as able to carry any weight but he certainly did in Longmire.

D'accord, also.:thumbsup:

Q

good series - gave Craig Johnson a big boost in book sales.

things from the book series that didn't translate: Vic's choicy words, Walt's educational background,
among other things.

It's not Deadwood but great series... and as was noted, gets better with each season. Just finished season 5, waiting for season 6 to arrive. I buy blurays and binge watch... do all the series I watch that way.

Series 6 has just finished in the UK on 5USA channel.

Spoiler, don't read on if you have yet to watch it.

You always though he and Vic would end up together, but it wasn't to be, other than a "brief encounter."
She said she he could never replace her lost baby and she believed she could never replace his wife. So he jacked in the job and "rode off into the sunset."
I really liked "Vic" (Katee Sackhoff) she has a very expressive face.

A busy actress, more TV series made and in production since Longmire.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0755267/?ref_=tt_cl_t2

Excellent series.I kinda thought his daughter might pickup where he left off.I know not the same but if they kept all the previous characters it might still be fun.

Excellent series.I kinda thought his daughter might pickup where he left off.I know not the same but if they kept all the previous characters it might still be fun.

I'd certainly watch it and see where it went. Longmire may have been lightning in a bottle though.

One of the best shows that I have seen in a long time.

If you have Netflix, you can stream all 6 seasons.

We just started watching tonight, based on the good reviews here from you all!
2 episodes in tonight & it looks interesting - makes me want to watch more!

Great series... it is on my re-binge watch list for this winter. I was turned onto it at the end of season 4

Back
Top Bottom