RMAF Rocky Mountain Audio Fest October 5-7, 2018 - who is going?

DC

"Manhattan Boy"
Subscriber
Hi gang, anybody planning to go? I'm thinking about it - I haven't been since in a few years, but enjoyed it very much when I attended a few years in a row in the past. I've been to AXPONA in Chicago a few years recently and I'm thinking I'm ready for my RMAF fix...

Eh?
Don

P.S. I'm happy to buy a round for any AK-member gatherings that may happen!

The timing doesn't work out for me, alas--if my road trip goes as planned, I'll be in Boulder about a week and a half before RMAF, Denver (airport) a few days later to pick up my better half (who only has a week off), but will be further southwest by RMAF weekend (might be as far as San Diego). I've heard mixed reports--some say attendance has dropped, others say it's doing well. But I do want to attend, one of these years!

DC--go ahead and grab another free beer from the folks at PS, and tell 'em Rudy sent ya. :D

The timing doesn't work out for me, alas--if my road trip goes as planned, I'll be in Boulder about a week and a half before RMAF, Denver (airport) a few days later to pick up my better half (who only has a week off), but will be further southwest by RMAF weekend (might be as far as San Diego). I've heard mixed reports--some say attendance has dropped, others say it's doing well. But I do want to attend, one of these years!

DC--go ahead and grab another free beer from the folks at PS, and tell 'em Rudy sent ya. :D

I will! Funny, last year was the "hotel renovation" year - definitely a year to avoid. I'm hoping all is back to normal ... but will miss seeing you!

I haven't booked yet, but it's on the radar...

I will! Funny, last year was the "hotel renovation" year - definitely a year to avoid. I'm hoping all is back to normal ... but will miss seeing you!
No worries--I'll be at AXPONA again most likely, if you happen to swing it next year. (Says the chauffeur. :D )

Reactions: DC
No worries--I'll be at AXPONA again most likely, if you happen to swing it next year. (Says the chauffeur. :D )

Good, I might need numerous rides again if I can't get in the show hotel again and it rains constantly. :D

Good, I might need numerous rides again if I can't get in the show hotel again and it rains constantly. :D
Rain, yeah...but that snow and ice on Sunday was a little extreme doncha think? :D Sheesh. Two years prior, it was 80° on the last day of the show.

I'd gladly have walked to the show and back if the weather were halfway decent.

I'm putting it on my planner. Never been to one but have been wanting to go to this one for several years now. Audio and breweries - what can be better?

Sadly with some tragic events at home and my Grandfathers 101st Birthday on the 29th which I must travel the opposite direction I'm not going to make it :oops:.

I think I'm gonna try to make it this year. Never been, but watch some of the seminars on YouTube.

Ive gone to RMAF nearly every (maybe every) year since it started. I may go on Friday this year, but I may not be able to make it ???? We'll see ... I now live 240 miles away, and I have a business trip (to Europe) that is pushing my schedule this year- ughhhh!!!!

I'll be close, but not close enough to attend (not unless I do a marathon 15½ hour drive on Saturday, and lose an hour on top of it). I was in Boulder this past Monday and Tuesday.

It's rumored that Qobuz will be announcing their US availability during the show. (Heard this from one of the high-end manufacturers I visited this week but as always, anything is subject to change. ;) )

I will be there. I will be working in the Maroon Peak room, with the world show premiere of the VAC Statement 450I iQ Integrated amp, and the world show premiere of the Von Schweikert Ultra 9 loudspeaker system.

Regards,
Gordon.

I will be there. I will be working in the Maroon Peak room, with the world show premiere of the VAC Statement 450I iQ Integrated amp, and the world show premiere of the Von Schweikert Ultra 9 loudspeaker system.
Hopefully we'll cross paths at AXPONA next year! I'd heard it was going to move to October for 2020 but, given the backlash they received over their poor choice of a data, they walked it back several days ago to the original April date.

I'll be there on Saturday. I need new headphones and there is no better place to see/hear so many. Also want to catch up with old friends. No tape seminar this year, but some rooms will have decks. Looking forward to it again...only 3 hour drive away for me so no excuse not to.

Well, business and social calendars prevented this one from getting on the books this time. For those of you going - Enjoy!! Listen to some great stuff and have a swig of something with Roy Hall for me...

DC

Had a great time at RMAF earlier today, glad I went. Here's some highlights for me:

First time I heard the Klipsch La Scala II's (salesman pictured doing demo)-
IMG_9124.JPG
I heard the best sounding speakers I have ever heard, regardless of price... The M-L Neoliths-
IMG_9128.JPG
And at the included Canjam show, I heard the best headphones I've ever heard, Raal Ribbons -
IMG_9132.JPG
And a really cool J-corder modified Technics deck for the tapehead that wants both reel and cassette-
IMG_9125.JPG

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom