Biz Markie - Goin' Off

Cover.JPG
Source: HP dc7600 Small Form Factor PC
Player: Winamp 2.95 with 250+ band Equalizer v1.62 for Winamp by Nevi
DAC: AudioQuest DragonFly v1.2
Preamplifier: B&K Components, Ltd. PT5
Amplifier: B&K Components, Ltd. ST125.2
Speakers: KLH 9154

Probably the best hip hop album in history; I have the ORIGINAL '86 pressing of this on the same yellow Island/4th and Broadway label...

I didn't even know this was reissued as a Back to Black release...I know there was a deluxe version with the dollar signs all over it floating around out there (but that seemed like a mere cash grab with the prerequisite additional tracks that never add much) but I don't know how that one sounds...

I also have a remastered CD version of Paid in Full, but there's something magical about playing this masterpiece on vinyl...

Probably the best hip hop album in history; I have the ORIGINAL '86 pressing of this on the same yellow Island/4th and Broadway label...

I didn't even know this was reissued as a Back to Black release...I know there was a deluxe version with the dollar signs all over it floating around out there (but that seemed like a mere cash grab with the prerequisite additional tracks that never add much) but I don't know how that one sounds...

I also have a remastered CD version of Paid in Full, but there's something magical about playing this masterpiece on vinyl...
yes AZ awesome,i also have the original press and a platinum cd edition,i did have it on cassette to but that vanished years ago.my orig vinyl is a bit beat up so grabbed a reissue when i was browsing a shop a few years back,the SQ is great. :thumbsup:

yes AZ awesome,i also have the original press and a platinum cd edition,i did have it on cassette to but that vanished years ago.my orig vinyl is a bit beat up so grabbed a reissue when i was browsing a shop a few years back,the SQ is great. :thumbsup:

Yes -- the PLATIMUM Edition....couldn't think of the name of that other release...

Glad you're enjoying the Back to Black reissue; my original is in absolutely MINT condition with hardly a tick or crackle, honestly...it sounds like a CD (save for the lower overall output). I have this version, with the "Dope Remixes" hype sticker on it:

Yes -- the PLATIMUM Edition....couldn't think of the name of that other release...

Glad you're enjoying the Back to Black reissue; my original is in absolutely MINT condition with hardly a tick or crackle, honestly...it sounds like a CD (save for the lower overall output). I have this version, with the "Dope Remixes" hype sticker on it:

looks in great shape mate,i'm afraid i stand guilty of not looking after my rekids and tapes when i was younger :whip:
i was 15 when this album came out,complete game changer for me,it's one of those desert island disc's i'd have if stranded on one.i still go back to it and i'm 48 now.;)

looks in great shape mate,i'm afraid i stand guilty of not looking after my rekids and tapes when i was younger :whip:
i was 15 when this album came out,complete game changer for me,it's one of those desert island disc's i'd have if stranded on one.i still go back to it and i'm 48 now.;)

Oh, that's not my specific record -- was just showing you what the version I own looks like. :)

Seems like we're close in age; I turned 45 last May...sucks getting old, huh?

index.php

Back
Top Bottom