Kappa 9A ans Accuphase

FrankieS

Hi, dear all,

does somebody know from experience, whether integrated Accuphase E-470
would fit the Infinity Kappa 9A? Or even E-370, E-270 ?

Ratings:
E-470: 180 W 8 Ohm, 260 W 4 Ohm
E-370: 100 W 8 Ohm, 150 W 4 Ohm
E-270: 90 W 8 Ohm, 120 W 4 Ohm

thank you kindly in advance,
bye bye
FrankieS

Hi Frankie,

IMO you're much better off with separates. While I'm unfamiliar with the amps you've mentioned, I'm not aware of any successful pairing of an integrated amp or receiver with Kappa 9s. They really are demanding speakers in terms of electronics.

If the integrated in question doesn't have rated output in to 2 ohms, stay far away. The Kappas will destroy it (or it them).

Hi Frankie,

IMO you're much better off with separates. While I'm unfamiliar with the amps you've mentioned, I'm not aware of any successful pairing of an integrated amp or receiver with Kappa 9s. They really are demanding speakers in terms of electronics.

thank you !

I looked up your integrated amp and they look well built and powerful. Accuphase makes good stuff. I wouldn’t attempt it on the K9s though. Go separate amps like the others have said. Also post pictures of your K9s when u can.

The Accuphase E-470 is a modern and robust amp. It is a MOS-FET triple parallel push-pull design and has a damping factor of 500, so it has been designed to handle low impedance loads. This amp would be a good match for Kappa 9. Plus it has great features, five RCA inputs, two balanced inputs, a real tape monitor, pre-out/main in in both RCA and balanced, and groovy power meters.

BUT... they ain't cheap! Even used they'll cost six big ones, for that kind of scratch, you could choose a lot of other amps.

I'm being totally facetious here, hook'em up and if you see Or smell smoke they ain't doing it :biggrin:.

By "six big ones" I meant $6,000...
Yeah, you're right, I don't know what the hell I was thinking. Your estimate's right on the money. That sort of coin will get you an awfully nice preamp + two power amps (for biamping), such as an Aragon 28K plus a pair of 4004s or even 8008s..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom