Finally got the last receiver I'll ever need

mattsd

I'm just sitting here staring at this, I cannot believe I finally got one. I didn't get it for a steal, but it was definitely a score. It's in pretty clean cosmetic condition, the normal dust and dirt from use and storage. Faceplate is almost flawless and all the cables are intact. I'll let the photos say the rest, I'll have better photos soon, but for now a couple in the car.

HJEWsvl.jpg

6nrWMaC.jpg

Awesome!!!!! Was it the one shown in Indy? If so I'm glad an AKer got it!! Congrats Matt ! If it is the same one I'm honestly glad to hear it was a legit ad.:rockon:

I'm just sitting here staring at this, I cannot believe I finally got one. I didn't get it for a steal, but it was definitely a score. It's in pretty clean cosmetic condition, the normal dust and dirt from use and storage. Faceplate is almost flawless and all the cables are intact. I'll let the photos say the rest, I'll have better photos soon, but for now a couple in the car.

HJEWsvl.jpg

6nrWMaC.jpg
Thats nice!! Every serious enthusiast needs one!! You are going to enjoy working on this they are quite easy to access the various parts.
Then I will be very interested to see what you think of the sound...
I feel this was one of Sansui's best efforts to be honest.

Take it from someone who owned one, then sold it, regretted it immensely, but then bought it back, NEVER sell it!!

Nice. Finally will have another AK member with both the 1980 and big 'G' in the same house. I come close with a 1980/9000, perhaps one day a unit will turn up in the south :)
How you coming on the 919 btw?
-Lee

Awesome!!!!! Was it the one shown in Indy? If so I'm glad an AKer got it!! Congrats Matt ! If it is the same one I'm honestly glad to hear it was a legit ad.:rockon:

It was, I saw it within minutes of the posting going up, I don't think I've ever replied to something so fast in my life. It was also posted on FB. @Overundr1 AU-919 is coming along great, though with this pickup I maybe slightly distracted for a bit. :p

:bowdown::bowdown:
It was, I saw it within minutes of the posting going up, I don't think I've ever replied to something so fast in my life. It was also posted on FB. @Overundr1 AU-919 is coming along great, though with this pickup I maybe slightly distracted for a bit. :p
Hell yeah man!!!!! Congratulations on scoring a piece that will outshine for a lifetime! I'm super stoked for ya!:banana:

Well, I couldn't wait, so I hooked it up and noticed that the power amp switch was OFF. No way, it can't be that simple, can it? Fired it up on the DBT just in case, bulb goes bright, dims down and then, CLICK, all the protection relays engage and the green light comes on.
:eek2:

Not only does it work in both channels, the bias and offset didn't even need adjusted, it's almost perfect. The controls are slightly scratchy, but it works, full clear sound out of both channels. So now, not only did I score it, I borderline stole it, because the price I bought it at was with the understanding that it will need repair. I'm over the moon right now. :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Attachments

• DSC01230.JPG
    DSC01230.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:

HJEWsvl.jpg

6nrWMaC.jpg

The Kraken lives! Nice.

The seller said the protection light just flashes when powered up, but I'm beginning to wonder if it's because it wasn't hooked up properly. I'll be testing it later today.

Also, you thought the 1980 is big? Wellll...

DHQESuW.jpg

Jesus christ that thing is HUGE.

Back
Top Bottom