Movies that haven't been on TV in a while

FONSguy

Usually, old classics and even lots of B movies show up on cable. Many I watched on old school over the air TV from local stations back in the 1960's. My favorites were Dirty Dozen, Emperor of the North, Flim-Flam Man and of course the sci-fi and horror movies. One that I saw a few times in the late 1960's just hasn't shown up. Crack in the World. Dana Andrews starred in it. What movies have you noticed that just haven't been shown for a long time?????

I was just thinking about this the other day. Movies I haven't seen in a long time on the TV. My first one is:

Next:

robot_monster_poster_02-1.jpg

I lean toward Sci-Fi and Westerns.

the-last-frontier-british-movie-poster.jpg

Beast Master. This one was on TBS every day for decades!

Logan's Run

Sinbad (the one with Medusa and Cyclops).

The Twelve Chairs
The Life of Brian
The Party
The Reincarnation of Peter Proud
7 Faces of Dr. Lao.

"Zulu" 1964 which was Levine's first offering, and the movie that made Michael Caine a star.

Q
Zulu was / is available on YouTube in its entirety. Picture quality was excellent, I watched it about a year ago.

Great movie.

When I watched it, it was broken down in 12 chapters. It's still available, although the resolution isn't quite as good.

Last edited:
"Zulu" 1964 which was Levine's first offering, and the movie that made Michael Caine a star.

Q
Beast Master. This one was on TBS every day for decades!

Sinbad (the one with Medusa and Cyclops).
Dirty Dozen,

Pretty sure these have all been on in the last year on Movies! One of the local OTA sub channels here. They show stuff from the 30's on up. I'm positive on Sinbad, I watched a marathon of all three maybe eight months ago. Or some maybe were on H&I. They show a lot of westerns.

I keep hoping to see Rhinoceros with Gene Wilder, but not yet.

Last edited:
Who Killed the Mysterious Mr Foster. Made for TV circa 1971 but with a lot of big names, Ernest Borgnine, Sam Jaffe, Bruce Dern, Slim Pickins, Will Geer. Kind of hokey but fun.
I saw in in 1973 and maybe once after that, never released on home video either though I bought a boot of it made from a crappy VHS copy a while back, so it was shown sometime in the VHS era.

Way back in the late 80s (early 90s?) 10tv's Fritz the Night Owl hosted a somewhat marathon showing of Lynch's Dune on the late late show. 3-4 hours w/ads. I don't think I've seen it in any medium since.

I have a copy of Flim-Flam Man That I first recorded off TCM in its last weeks of non-commercial movies. Then I transferred it to digital and then edited the chapters on DVD. Harry Morgan and Slim Pickens were great in that movie.

Back
Top Bottom