My new MC 452

GP Hill

I’ve finally had a chance to really listen to my new amp and I have to say it’s impressive. I’m listening to Jackson Browne, “ the Pretender”, at pretty high volume and I’ve never heard my Aerial 7t’s scound like this. The bass notes, the drum strikes are just amazing, the presence of the music in the room is incredible. My Vincent amp sounded pretty good but this is just another level. Using my Vincent as a pre amp, the 452 just seems to make the music come alive.

I’ve finally had a chance to really listen to my new amp and I have to say it’s impressive. I’m listening to Jackson Browne, “ the Pretender”, at pretty high volume and I’ve never heard my Aerial 7t’s scound like this. The bass notes, the drum strikes are just amazing, the presence of the music in the room is incredible. My Vincent amp sounded pretty good but this is just another level. Using my Vincent as a pre amp, the 452 just seems to make the music come alive.

Thats it!! You've got it, so effortless, so easy to hear everything, the music carried to you on a bed of velvet......Extraordinary amplifier, you just wait until when you hook up your McIntosh pre-amp and hear what happens then.....
Congrats, may you enjoy many hours, days, nights of listening pleasure..

I’ve never heard my Aerial 7t’s scound like this. The bass notes, the drum strikes are just amazing, the presence of the music in the room is incredible.
That is indicative of speakers finally getting the power they want. I don't think you'll ever be one of the first watt crowd or the thinking that 30-60 watts is just fine because you only listen to 5 watts. The speed and reserve power you now have will give you all the music at all levels. Precessions is just the first thing we notice, when your hearing comes back after your crank session you will hear a lot more high frequencies too.

Thats it!! You've got it, so effortless, so easy to hear everything, the music carried to you on a bed of velvet......Extraordinary amplifier, you just wait until when you hook up your McIntosh pre-amp and hear what happens then.....
Congrats, may you enjoy many hours, days, nights of listening pleasure..
Enabler!!

Enabler!!

You always said that, now looks like your right.

Well I did know it also. When I fist got here and just had my C100 and two MC275, and that would have been enough for anyone. Kev said, are you planning on getting anymore mac gear?:rflmao:

Posted in the What McIntosh Gear Are You Using? 9/1/2013

See
Its only because its inaccessible here in New Zealand, I mean its here, but its stupid expensive, twice the price it is in the US....

I've been on the edge of buying one also. The word endgame came to mine, so I went to Urban Dictionary:

"However, an Endgame scenario does not need to be bad, it may ultimately be a miraculously good outcome for all, though usually a major component is the acquisition of power by the party who planned it, irrespective of the larger consequences to others, good or bad."

What consequences??

Its only because its inaccessible here in New Zealand, I mean its here, but its stupid expensive, twice the price it is in the US....
You live vicariously through the guys in the states that can find things right on their local CL. :)

I've been on the edge of buying one also. The word endgame came to mine, so I went to Urban Dictionary:

"However, an Endgame scenario does not need to be bad, it may ultimately be a miraculously good outcome for all, though usually a major component is the acquisition of power by the party who planned it, irrespective of the larger consequences to others, good or bad."

What consequences??
The consequences are living our short life not getting to that end game, time spent and wasted. If your not at your end game are you really hearing what you want to, or just dreaming of a day you can.

You live vicariously through the guys in the states that can find things right on their local CL. :)

Apart from the McIntosh gear I have sold locally, in the last 12 years I have only seen one other McIntosh listing.........It just doesn't exist here.......

The consequences are living our short life not getting to that end game, time spent and wasted. If your not at your end game are you really hearing what you want to, or just dreaming of a day you can.
It took me about 50 years from my first audition of Mc components to finally cross the threshold of 'bright, and shiny new' Mc452! :)

Nice! :thumbsup: Now start saving up for a Mac preamp.

Yep. I think I see a C52 in my future. Maybe a Christmas present to myself!

The C47 is half the money of the C52 and the specifications are identical. I don't know if it uses the same DAC, maybe someone can chime in.
What it does have the C47 doesn't is an equalizer and meters. Both have tone controls.
I don't use equalizers anymore anyway. My bet is you won't need or want to mess with one with the presentation your 452 is giving you. You have meters on your amp so you may be paying 3 grand for bling.
This observation is going strictly by Mac's website specifications.

The C47 is half the money of the C52 and the specifications are identical. I don't know if it uses the same DAC, maybe someone can chime in.
What it does have the C47 doesn't is an equalizer and meters. Both have tone controls.
I don't use equalizers anymore anyway. My bet is you won't need or want to mess with one with the presentation your 452 is giving you. You have meters on your amp so you may be paying 3 grand for bling.
This observation is going strictly by Mac's website specifications.

Solid advice there. The C47 is great and without all the "extras" that drive up the price. When I used the USB port on my C47, the laptop actually indicated that it was connected to a C52. The DAC section is identical. It does have bass and treble adjustments, just not the full blown Eq.

Back
Top Bottom