Today's Neo-Psych Playlist

NURSE WITH WOUND "THE BACTERIA MAGNET"2008
View attachment 1248105

Dadaist Psych. Side 2 is especially trippy.

While I love NWW and am delighted to see them represented @ this thread, I think their oeuvre might transcend mere "neo-psych", even w/ a Dada twist, and be a genre all unto themselves. My personal favourite NWW album is the debut, Chance Meeting on a Dissecting Table of a Sewing Machine and an Umbrella, which, if pressed to describe/categorize, "Experimental Industrial" is the best I can cime up w/.

But in any event kudos for tackling what to many would be "difficult listening" to be sure.

While I love NWW and am delighted to see them represented @ this thread, I think their oeuvre might transcend mere "neo-psych", even w/ a Dada twist, and be a genre all unto themselves. My personal favourite NWW album is the debut, Chance Meeting on a Dissecting Table of a Sewing Machine and an Umbrella, which, if pressed to describe/categorize, "Experimental Industrial" is the best I can cime up w/.

But in any event kudos for tackling what to many would be "difficult listening" to be sure.

If you haven't heard the "Bacteria Magnet" EP or "Huffin'Rags Blues" Lp it's taken from, you should check them out. Very psyched out, as much of his later work is from "Rock n' Roll Station" onward.

If you haven't heard the "Bacteria Magnet" EP or "Huffin'Rags Blues" Lp it's taken from, you should check them out. Very psyched out, as much of his later work is from "Rock n' Roll Station" onward.

I'll have to give those a listen. Thanks for the suggestion.

Wiki has placed this album.-Snuffbox immanence by Ghost-in the Baroque Pop Genre. I feel like its neo-psych. Unfortunately most tracks from the album are missing from YouTube . This video has some mild erotic imagery that some may find offensive. I think it is OK for AK. Nothing graphic. This is the Japan Ghost not the Sweden Ghost. They had to add B.C to there name since the Japanese got there first

Last edited:
Wiki has placed this album.-Snuffbox immanence by Ghost-in the Baroque Pop Genre. I feel like its neo-psych. Unfortunately most tracks from the album are missing from YouTube . This video has some mild erotic imagery that some may find offensive. I think it is OK for AK. Nothing graphic. This is the Japan Ghost not the Sweden Ghost. They had to add B.C to there name since the Japanese got there first

Ghost (of Japan) are superb, this is true. I have a few of their early works @ LP (vinyl) format, but nothing in the digital mode. I should correct this lack STAT.

The title of this album was a line taken from an 1868 French poetic novel by Isodore Ducasse. The book, Les Chants de Maldoror, was rediscovered by 20th century Surrealist artists and became quite popular. A very strange book if you decide to hunt down a copy.

The title of this album was a line taken from an 1868 French poetic novel by Isodore Ducasse. The book, Les Chants de Maldoror, was rediscovered by 20th century Surrealist artists and became quite popular. A very strange book if you decide to hunt down a copy.

@bobsvinyl,

I could likely find a copy @ a local brocante sale some weekend round these parts, almost certainly in Nancy. Why, if I might ask and if you know the answer to this question, were the Surrealists (I'm thinking Breton & Co, oui?) smitten w/ this particular work?

@Mystic- The book was pretty much the verbal equivalent of a Surrealist painting. Lots of fragmented, dreamlike imagery. Another book the Surrealists admired was Celine's Death on the Installment Plan (aka Death on Credit).

Last edited:
Still together.
Their m.o. hasn't changed, just keep cranking out psych noise bliss.
I think they're hovering around 2 dozen Lps and just as many CDr's.
They've got it down.

PLASTIC CRIMEWAVE SOUND "FLASHING OPEN"2003
IMG_20180916_162440.jpg

Chicago psych, somewhere between LOOP and MAINLINER, occasionally verging on postpunk Joy Division type jams.

This is the band that turned me on to VON ELMO.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom